• 3 Post By JACKTW
  • 6 Post By North Idaho Shooter
  • 6 Post By Pig Ninja
  • 4 Post By shawlerbrook

Thread: Sen Lindsey Graham Proposes Bill To Crack Down On Theft From FFLs

Contributing Member
    Member #

Sen Lindsey Graham Proposes Bill To Crack Down On Theft From FFLs

If there’s one measure the Right and Left should be able to agree on, it’s trying to crack down on thefts of firearms from gun stores. Where we diverge tends to be in how to do so. The anti-gun crusaders want to create layers of regulations and requirements that make it virtually impossible for a gun store to conduct business. They want things like transporting all firearms into a safe or other such nonsense. On the flip side, we have proposals like the one introduced by Sen. Lindsey Graham. - Knighton

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) today is commending U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-SC) introduction of S. 1788, the Federal Firearms Licensee Protection Act of 2019, which will strengthen the criminal penalties for thefts of firearms from federally licensed retailers. “Thefts from federally licensed firearms retailers represent particularly brazen offenses that hold potential for additional crime when stolen guns are sold on the street,” said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel. …

Read more: https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...BtJVok4YpU3RUA
    GUN CONTROL: Infringing on the rights of the law-abiding, due to the actions of criminals.

NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Well, when I see a good law that makes common sense, I fear it to beyond the comprehension of liberals as they're much more inclined to punish us dastardly law abiding folks. Not to mention, evil inanimate objects.

Jack
    Last edited by JACKTW; 06-13-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Without some completely idiotic conditions, the liberals will probably never get behind this.

On an additional note, why not make the laws more harsh for stealing firearms, PERIOD? The comment that it "holds potential for additional crime when those guns are sold on the street" also applies to those stolen from law-abiding citizens, doesn't it? A firearms that is untraceable, is a firearm that is untraceable, regardless of where (or whom) it was stolen from.

Just seems like that would be common sense to me----Oh wait! We're talking about politicians here. My bad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Why place special circumstances on the crime just because the victim is a FFL, the theft of any firearm from anyone should be punished the same way. This reminds me of hate crime legislation and affirmative action.
    JACKTW, flatnose, VinceA and 3 others like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Problem is the Democrats/Left don’t want to punish criminals, they rather burden law abiding citizens with draconian and useless red tape. Anything that gets in the way of their ultimate goal of disarming law abiding citizens will never be supported by the left.
    Team 1894 member #67 1977 44 mag.
    Team 35 member #256 1964 Sears M45
    Team 444 member #355 1981 444S
    Team 30 30 member #830
    1980 Marlin 3080 Trail Rider & Win 94 Custom Trapper

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links