Trump Announces Withdrawal From U.N. Small Arms Treaty — Signs Doc in Front of NRA. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Trump Announces Withdrawal From U.N. Small Arms Treaty — Signs Doc in Front of NRA.

Sidewinder
    Racing Capital of the World...Daytona Beach
    Member #
    That's my President! Giving the kind of leadership this country has needed for decades. Great job Mr. President!

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    The Posse Comitatus Act prevents our own military from use against its own citizens. Obama knew this prevented him from using our military personnel from confiscating our firearms when the time came to act. So he signed the Small Arms Treaty with the UN. There is nothing in the Constitution that would prevent the UN from taking weapons from the civilian population. If he or one of his selected few were elected, it could of gotten really bloody real fast.
    In 1932, when President Hoover told MacArthur to get the Bonus Army broken up and out of DC, do you think they even considered Posse Comitatus. When MacArthur gave the order to Eisenhower to work out the details and order his troops into action, Posse Comitatus went out the window, because it can be suspended by Presidential Order in a National Emergency.

The act was signed in 1878, but the precedent had been set 90 years before that by George Washington, when he used US troops to quell the Whiskey Rebellion and Governor Bowdoin of Massachusetts who used Government troops to crush Shay's Rebellion. Samuel Adams, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence told Bowdoin to hang Shay and his men as Rebels.
    Last edited by rob42049; 04-27-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    In 1932, when President Hoover told MacArthur to get the Bonus Army broken up and out of DC, do you think they even considered Posse Comitatus. When MacArthur gave the order to Eisenhower to work out the details and order his troops into action, Posse Comitatus went out the window, because it can be suspended by Presidential Order in a National Emergency.

The act was signed in 1878, but the precedent had been set 90 years before that by George Washington, when he used US troops to quell the Whiskey Rebellion and Governor Bowdoin of Massachusetts who used Government troops to crush Shay's Rebellion. Samuel Adams, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence told Bowdoin to hang Shay and his men as Rebels.
    My point exactly! Perfect example of why we needed that passed. Following the Civil War, the use of federal troops to execute the laws, particularly in the states that had been part of the Confederacy, continued even after all other political restrictions had been lifted. The Posse Comitatus Act was passed as part of an Army appropriations bill in response. The Posse Comitatus Act, which passed after the Civil War to keep federal troops from policing the South, limits federal troops' deployment on U.S. soil and forbids using them to enforce domestic laws. The President can deploy troops if there's an insurrection or invasion on U.S. soil.
    Last edited by Bobshouse; 04-27-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    rob42049 likes this.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniels View Post
    https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...axpayer-funds/

Now if the President can just get back the 1.7 billion that obummer stole from us tax payers.
    That money that Obama and Kerry gave Iran was used to fund Nuclear bomb research and Terrorist acts against the U.S. . Travel to Iran should be banned or put on the no-fly list for Americans or you travel at your own risk. Any frozen assets still in U.S possession need to remain frozen. It was very stupid and delusional to give that kind of resources to a country that was publicly and openly chanting "Death To America". What kind of POTUS does something so stupid (unless you are a manchurian candidate) and why was it not stopped by a Congress that was GOP majority in both the House and the Senate ? You need to ask yourself this question.
    KG, rob42049 and jackdaniels like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    What I want to know is Trumps reasoning for stabbing us in the back on the bumpstock and if anyone held him accountable?

CD
    I have no idea why anyone would want a bumpstock. A semi auto rifle is a nice weapon to have for Coyote Hunting, its certainly enough for hunting. In my home state, we are only allowed 3 rounds in our rifles. Hunting in PA has always been Fair Chase.

Mike T.
    Last edited by miket156; 04-27-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    Boobarzo likes this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    I have no idea why anyone would want a bumpstock. A semi auto rifle is a nice weapon to have for Coyote Hunting. In my home state, we are only allowed 3 rounds in our rifles. Hunting in PA has always been Fair Chase.

Mike T.
    it ain't about hunting game. it's about self defense, and upholding the the 2nd A as it is written. I don't see bump stocks as advantageous to accuracy, but, if I want one it should be legal. If bumpstocks were declared legal, then later declared illegal...how long before they do the same with all firearms? Think about it......
    KG and 4T57T like this.
    My avatar is in Honor of my Great Grandfather , Corporal J.M. Johnston , who fought for the N.C. Confederate 36th Regiment , Company H , Heavy Artillery & who was captured by the Union at Fort Fisher, NC on Sunday, Jan. 15 1865 at @ 10:00PM.

In Dixie Land I'll Take My Stand , To Live And Die in Dixie

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    I have no idea why anyone would want a bumpstock. A semi auto rifle is a nice weapon to have for Coyote Hunting. In my home state, we are only allowed 3 rounds in our rifles. Hunting in PA has always been Fair Chase.

Mike T.
    Yes--We are limited to 3 rds in a hunting gun unless you are using a handgun on private property. To me a Bump Stock is not as dangerous as a trigger crank. Yes it may be frowned upon but would work just as well as a class 3 weapon. In fact what does it matter if you were a nutcase bent on causing carnage it would not matter if you illegally used a full auto class 3 which is usually obtained on the black market by drug dealers. The ironic thing is that some full auto weapons coming back into the wrong hands were those given to some foreign nations by the Federal Govt. in clandestine arms deals. So what if they are older full auto weapons they are still full auto and now on the black market. If you want a recent example you don't need to look to far---Obama\Holder "Fast and Furious".

KG
    Lil Sis Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    The Posse Comitatus Act prevents our own military from use against its own citizens. Obama knew this prevented him from using our military personnel from confiscating our firearms when the time came to act. So he signed the Small Arms Treaty with the UN. There is nothing in the Constitution that would prevent the UN from taking weapons from the civilian population. If he or one of his selected few were elected, it could of gotten really bloody real fast.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    KansasGirl
    A'deezhi

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    I like your post, but the United Nations doesn't have or fall under the 2nd Amendment, just like any foreign countries Embassy on American soil.
    Cowboy23* likes this.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

KG
    Lil Sis Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I like your post, but the United Nations doesn't have or fall under the 2nd Amendment, just like any foreign countries Embassy on American soil.
    They also can't trump the BOR
    . . . being necessary to the security of a free State. . .
    KansasGirl
    A'deezhi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links