Future of Gun Laws on Reloading in Commie States
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Future of Gun Laws on Reloading in Commie States

Wrangler
    Member #

Future of Gun Laws on Reloading in Commie States

Is there anything already on the books, or proposed to curtail reloading in the Communist states?

Starting July 1, 2019, CA requires a valid Firearm Safety Course ($25) and a Background Check License ($25) for all ammo purchases.
    Internet ammo purchases are already banned as direct shipments. They must all ship to an FFL dealer.

CA has a mandatory 30-day waiting period between handgun purchases, in addition to the 10-day waiting period.
    It will take me 50 days before I can pick up both of my matched pair of Ruger SASS Vaqueros.

CA and the others continue to tighten the thumb screws on gun owners.

Question: has anybody seen or heard if there are plans to curtail or prevent reloading?
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Stoeger coach gun

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Nothing new here. It is a never ending battle. I recall back in the 1980's when I lived in the Bay Area, the anti-firearms groups talked about legislation outright banning, taxing, controlling firearms and ammunition, by calibre, bullet velocity and design, reloading components and equipment, etc.

Most firearms owners ignored it, said it was nonsense and like all such schemes, it would go no where.

Reloading components are the next "loophole" in the laws that will need to be addressed....
    In real life may you be the bad ass you claim to be on social media....

Contributing Member
    Member #
    The Progressive Fascists just haven't got around to it ... YET!
    GUN CONTROL: Infringing on the rights of the law-abiding, due to the actions of criminals.

NRA: Patron Member; USAF: 1967-71 E-5

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Not yet. Buy all the reloading supplies you need now. Wouldn't hurt to learn to roll your own, even making your own from scrap lead.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Super Moderator
    Member #
    bgavin, so far so good regarding reloading. I've been reloading since my teens so I won't be affected so much by the new draconian ammunition laws. It's a good time to begin reloading but one never knows when our states liberal majority will impose overlord restrictions to purchasing reloading components, etc.

Since Gavin Newsom became GOV we have some 40 new gun control bills thrown at us law abiding citizens. So who knows what will be next.

I will not buy any factory ammunition when the law goes into affect. I simply refuse to be listed on a data base with every ammunition purchase. Nor my handguns being on the data base to verify I own said caliber of the ammunition I'm purchasing.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    not yet. just wait.
    Cowboy23* likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Can you guys drive to Nevada or Arizona to purchase ammo and bring it back?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by art6555 View Post
    Can you guys drive to Nevada or Arizona to purchase ammo and bring it back?

Well, that is against their law but you'll need to be caught in the act. It simply isn't worth risking it and losing ones 2nd A rights.

We're an hour drive to Reno and approx another 20 minutes to the open desert to shoot or shooting ranges. We can buy the ammo in Reno and shoot it before returning to our commie home state.

Probably going to be heading to the desert to shoot long distance as it's a three hour drive to the nearest long distance range in CA. But I hand load so it's mainly a convenience factor to shoot long range minus the restrictions.

That said, I have thought of my brother in OR sending me a case of my favorite handgun ammo for birthday and Christmas presents.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Here in the UK there is no restriction on reloading so long as you have that calibre on your firearms licence and do not produce more than the quantity you are allowed to posses at any time. To buy primers you must show the dealer your license and that must have ammunition that uses the wanted primer size ie you cant buy large rifle if only got stuff that would take small pistol or rifle. Powder, most dealers want to see your licence and only delivered by courier with a special high cost added. Bullets and cases no problems but best not to get caught with stuff you do not have on your licence in which case the police will have a field day, confiscate it and it could well be go to jail and never ever shoot anything again.
    mrguvna and Judson like this.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Here in Libertard land we have the same requirements to purchase firearms as "Commie state" except they took it a step further now. They require a letter from your doctor that says you are not a nutcase (No doctor will give that) and they require you to be put on the National Rap Back System registry at your expense (A Natnl database which detects if you are arrested for anything in other states). I have not bought any new firearms since they instituted these new requirements. Internet orders of ammo are banned to Hawaii except to an FFL dealer. They have not started an attack on reloading components but there has been talk of restrictions from from some "Commie local legislators". Those restrictions include 1) You have to have training as a reloader to buy components, 2) Create taxes and fees on reloading components such as powder,primers, etc., 3) Limits on quantities of components that can be purchased at one transaction, 4) Ban direct shipment of components to a private citizen.

It is nothing more that an all out attack on law abiding gun owners and I do think that if we do not find a way to curb this it will get worse because as the Dems\Anti-Gun loose their political relevance they will become more vile towards conservatives (especially gun owners) and increase unreasonable requirements towards gun owners.

PS--Post by 3pounder is precisely what we do not want to happen to us. It is basically an attack on your freedoms---a way to deter you from participating in an activity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links