Future of Gun Laws on Reloading in Commie States - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Future of Gun Laws on Reloading in Commie States

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Not yet. Buy all the reloading supplies you need now. Wouldn't hurt to learn to roll your own, even making your own from scrap lead.
    Many long years ago when I was a youngster there was an old man that lived across the street from me in San Francisco. He was a shooter and bullet caster and he allowed me to watch as he cast those slivery pieces of lead we call bullets. He was old enough to be retired during WW2 and sold handloaded ammo using his cast bullets to hunters that could not find ammo for their deer rifles. During WW2 literally all commercial hunting ammo was suspended due to the war effort. Farmers were allotted only so much .22 LR to keep varmints from eating their produce. Rancher were allowed only so much 30-30 ammo to protect livestock from predators. That was it. If your only rifle was say a ,270 Win. you were S.O.L. regarding finding any ammo unless you reloaded and had components.

I never learned that old man's last name. His name was Louie but most of the neighborhood called him, "The Dutchman". When I grew older he taught me how to cast bullets, load and shoot them. He said one day, "If things ever get bad and there are shortages of ammo, if you have powder, primers, a supply of lead and the tools to make bullets, you will always be able to shoot something. You will have independence." I never forgot what that old man said. Sadly he passed around 1961 while I was in the military. When it came to reloading and casting bullet that old man was my mentor.
    Paul B.
    COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMOROM PROMULGATED BY MORONS!
    WHAT GOOD FORTUNE FOR GOVERNMENT THAT THE PEOPLE DO NOT THINK!....Adolf Hitler
    Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
    MOLON LABE

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
    I dunno about the above ideas.
    Having been down the road with many lawyers over the years.. the last thing I ever want to do is wind up in court.

We are trying to leave CA and move to AZ, but stuck with kiddie obligations right now.
    Gotta get the youngest one through nursing school, then we can leave.
    My personal advice is move while you are young and not tied down with a lot of things to hold you back (like a house, cars, property, etc). My wife and I are planning to leave our home State due to it getting much too ridiculous with Blue run Progressive Dem\Liberal politicians taxing us to the bone. We are near retirement and have been getting rid of all clutter and stuff we have in preparation to retire in a more conservative gun friendly State. When all of us (hard working TAXPAYERS) move away lets see how much money those "Libertards" will have in their coffers to give away. I only feel sorry for the old retired people on fixed incomes that cannot afford the rising taxes and fees.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Just acquired recently a 5 gallon bucket of WW's and will now be looking to acquiring the molds, lead smelting pot and accessories. Trying to stock up now as much as possible. It's almost cheaper in a many instances to buy surplus and discount ammo than to but the copper projectiles and the components.
    Matthew 25:40 / WWJD
    Favorite caliber- How is that even possible?
    The more I know the less I understand.
    Recovering Redneck / Recovering Catholic / Recovered racist
    Monotheistic Secular Humanist

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceA View Post
    I too live in a People's Republic. Anyway, we fight and fight gun laws that infringe. Our 2A people are very active. However, the powers that be don't care. They have Dem control and don't see a threat to their power and do what they want, or are told by leadership. It is a sad state of affairs. Guess we will see where it runs. The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance. Guess we just don't like it because it is our turn to be Vigil.

Keep up the good fight!
    V
    The price you pay for having such a corrupt Guberment machine in your State is not only your freedoms it is a Totalitarian State with no means to make it right because all the gatekeepers are corrupt. It's a Mafia State where justice is dealt with bullets. They can and will crucify you if you try to expose them. A cancer that must be removed in its entirety. It cannot be fixed----it is the same as fixing a big business with all corrupt managers at the top---the HR dept is in collusion with them to rid you if you make waves.
    plowboysghost likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
    Is there anything already on the books, or proposed to curtail reloading in the Communist states?

Starting July 1, 2019, CA requires a valid Firearm Safety Course ($25) and a Background Check License ($25) for all ammo purchases.
    Internet ammo purchases are already banned as direct shipments. They must all ship to an FFL dealer.

CA has a mandatory 30-day waiting period between handgun purchases, in addition to the 10-day waiting period.
    It will take me 50 days before I can pick up both of my matched pair of Ruger SASS Vaqueros.
    Are you sure about this? Im just reading elsewhere that is there is no safety course needed and the ammo background check fee is capped at $10. Also, while its ordinarily true that you cant buy online anymore with direct shipment to you, among the exceptions is that having a COE and FFL03 (I have both) allows you to continue to buy online and ship right to your door, and no fees. The more progressive of the online dealers know and will comply with the laws, others may refuse to sell because they are lazy to read the laws. Those without COE/FFL03 or who dont want them are obviously advised to stock up before July. There are several online sources for law review but really all californians should go read the penal code for themselves.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Will be out of CA in a couple months and in NV and wont have to deal with the issue anymore. For those that think the MINORITY, lawful gun owners can change the politics in CA, you are grossly mistaken. CA will be for the for see able future a leader in ultra liberal progressive nanny state. There are a few rural counties that are still quite sane but the political power is in the big, coastal cities.

Regarding the spies in the parking lots, don't believe it. They would have to have them in Walmarts, Scheels, Cabelas and dozens of other shops that sell ammo, everyday all day long. And are they going to be watching all 3 ag inspection stations looking for your vehicle? There is the one on I-80, Hwy 395 going north or on Hwy 50 out of Tahoe? There is just too many roads that bypass those check points.

Plus unless they have CHP or other law enforcement officers there, the ag inspectors are not LEO, they can't make an arrest. They can detain you until a LEO arrives. They would have to call in the CHP. That would be a waste of time to have an LEO there 24 /7 to catch ammo smugglers

The bottom line is California gone, there is no coming back. If you can get out, do it. And do it before the neighboring states property values climb too high, because 10s of thousands are leaving CA every year.
    Shooter4570 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    When I listed the ag inspections I only listed those for northern CA. There are others in SoCal and at least one coming down from Oregon on I-5.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuggs View Post
    Regarding the spies in the parking lots, don't believe it. They would have to have them in Walmarts, Scheels, Cabelas and dozens of other shops that sell ammo, everyday all day long.
    No "spies" just anti-gun snitches, and they are everywhere in california.
    rob42049 likes this.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets.
    23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I was at my FFL today, filling out yet another DROS, for yet another wait for my pair of SASS Vaqueros.

He just got back from a seminar, and (still) the State has no clue what they are going to do.
    He did come back with a strong feeling that CA will still charge ahead on 7/1/2019 with the mandatory safety course + mandatory background check to buy all ammunition.

He did not hear anything, yes or no, about not being able to buy ammo for any caliber you are not registered to own.

I keep stocking up.
    edcknives likes this.
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member

"When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Yet, in the face of my home state of Kalifornia's tyranny, a federal judge just four days ago, overturned the ban on large capacity (more than 10 rounds) magazines; known as standard capacity everywhere else.
    In that four day period, California gun owners have come close to depleting the inventory of mags in just about every on-line vendor in the Free USA, purchasing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of them.
    Seems that hell does freeze over, from time to time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links