25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.
Results 1 to 10 of 10


  1. #1
    Wrangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    352
    Member #
    92
    Thanked
    2 times

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Did some shooting last week with my Marlin 882ssv22 magnum.
    I removed the scope and realigned it moving it about 1/8 of an inch to center it with the bore.
    After re-zeroing this is the test results over the weekend.
    Shooting conditions were not that good as the wind was gusty.
    The same point of aim was held at each distance.
    The target: Diamond with 1/2" black Bull center.
    The 100 yard group was the best I've ever had with the .22mag ( 5/8") Most 100 yard groups have been 1-3/4 inch range.
    I only shot 3 shot groups due to the wind.
    A chronograph was also set up.
    The first shot through a clean bore with the CCI 40gr fmj was 1931fps. The next was 1888, every shot thereafter was in the 1836-1844fps range.
    I just took my rifle to the smith to have the trigger worked on. It was weighed at 7lbs . This morning I hope to find it is 3lbs. That will help the accuracy aplenty.
    I was taking steroids just to pull that 7 pound trigger!
    hat's an X

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    158

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    :shock: Dawg gone wind always getting in the way. You got me fired up to get out and shoot this spring.

  3. #3
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Turn around slowly
    Posts
    1,150
    Member #
    177
    Thanked
    12 times

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    That's some mighty impressive shooting there!
    SqS

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Anonymous
    Guest

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Them some good shots there
    You should be able to nock any squirrel out of a tree with that kinda shooting..

    DoniphanRedneck

  6. #5
    Wrangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    264
    Member #
    175
    Thanked
    1 times

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    RV; have you tried any of the Remington wmr ammo in that rifle?
    "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
    -Ronald Reagan

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    706
    Member #
    143

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.

  8. #7
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Turn around slowly
    Posts
    1,150
    Member #
    177
    Thanked
    12 times

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Major
    Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.
    What's to decide? The answer is a very obvious "hell yes"!
    SqS

  9. #8
    Wrangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Burnsville, NC
    Posts
    336
    Member #
    45
    Thanked
    12 times

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelSniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Major
    Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.
    What's to decide? The answer is a very obvious "hell yes"!
    Mr. Sniper, as always, has cut to the chase! My lovely wife gave me for Christmas 2002, a new 25MN Marlin. The .22mag is, IMHO, the BEST "critter getter" that money can buy. I still don't know how I have lived half of my life without one sittin' in the safe! As NbS stated, What's to decide?
    Have you shouldered your Marlin today?

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    706
    Member #
    143

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leverpuller
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelSniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Major
    Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.
    What's to decide? The answer is a very obvious "hell yes"!
    Mr. Sniper, as always, has cut to the chase! My lovely wife gave me for Christmas 2002, a new 25MN Marlin. The .22mag is, IMHO, the BEST "critter getter" that money can buy. I still don't know how I have lived half of my life without one sittin' in the safe! As NbS stated, What's to decide?
    OK... OK... you guys have convinced me. Now all I need is to decide what to get. I like bolt rifles but I also love my T/C Contender and it could use another barrel. Then lately I have been thinking about one of those H&R/NEF (Marlin) Handi-rifles too. Decisions, decisions, decisions… to many options and too little money. Only thing I know for sure... one can never have too many rimfires. :lol: :lol: :lol:

  11. #10
    Wrangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    352
    Member #
    92
    Thanked
    2 times

    25, 50, & 100 yard 882ssv .22mag test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Major
    Quote Originally Posted by Leverpuller
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelSniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Major
    Keep talking guys… I am trying to decide if I should get a .22 Mag. and I want to read all I can about them.
    What's to decide? The answer is a very obvious "hell yes"!
    Mr. Sniper, as always, has cut to the chase! My lovely wife gave me for Christmas 2002, a new 25MN Marlin. The .22mag is, IMHO, the BEST "critter getter" that money can buy. I still don't know how I have lived half of my life without one sittin' in the safe! As NbS stated, What's to decide?
    OK... OK... you guys have convinced me. Now all I need is to decide what to get. I like bolt rifles but I also love my T/C Contender and it could use another barrel. Then lately I have been thinking about one of those H&R/NEF (Marlin) Handi-rifles too. Decisions, decisions, decisions… to many options and too little money. Only thing I know for sure... one can never have too many rimfires. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Check with Raynor on Greybeards under NEF Miscellanious, he had a 22 ultra varmint for sale. http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/php...ic.php?t=26200
    RV
    hat's an X


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

22 25mnmarlin

,

22mag tests

,

882 marlin target groups at 350 yards

,

accurice test 22mag marlin

,

best marlin 882ssv 22 mag ammo

,

if i shoot at 25 and 50 yards, will it be ok to have a scope that has the parrellax set at 100

,

marlin 22 mag 882ssv

,

marlin 22 mag model 882ssv

,

marlin 22 mag100yd accuracy

,

marlin 882ssv 22 mag

,

marlin 883 sshv marlin 22mag

Click on a term to search for related topics.