I bought a 39A about 5 years ago. The biggest trouble I had was the FT extract sometimes. Seemed the case bulged when fired and would get stuck. I would have to go into the muzzle and knock the empty case out. I bought a Wisners extractor and that would drag anything out... it really grabbed the empty case, but it was a very weak ejection. Sometimes it wouldn't even clear the opening and I would have to shake the casing out. I finally bought an armorers DVD on the 39A from Midway or somewhere and really paid attention. I am not sure why the Wisner extractor would not toss the empty case very far but it seems to not cause enough flicking action by holding and pushing the bottom of the case one way while the ejector pushes the top of the case the other way. Because of the weak ejection I went back to the original flat spring type extractor. I put a round into the bolt and I could see the extractor was only grabbing the edge of the rim, it wasn't getting a good hold. When I saw this I could see it only needed about two to three strokes with a file to fix it. In the pictures I placed a piece of paper under the base of the shell to show how the extractor grabbed the shell before I filed the extractor. The extractor grabbed the rim but only on the edge and as you can see in the picture it could not reach the barrel of the case... there was a space there. After filing the end just a little the extractor could clear the rim and reach the barrel of the case. Now it will drag anything out of the chamber, swollen case or not. Hope this can help someone else out there.