Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Brother in law's Glenfield 65

767 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  schloff 
#1 ·
Hey folks! Fired this on Sunday. It's a dream, no issues even as dirty as it is. I'm planning on taking it down and giving it a deep clean at some point. This belonged to my late brother in law, he didn't seem particularly proud of it, but he was a very meek man.

Wondering who or if anyone has any experience with the Glenfield? What about age? Serial number 26303xxx.

Any info would be appreciated. I'm trying to get info to add to my spreadsheet for the next owner. (next generation)

Thanks everyone.

Product Wood
Hardwood Wood Table Wood stain
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger
Wood Hardwood Tool
Wood stain Wood Hardwood

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know much about these little Glenfield .22's. My cousin had one and we did a lot of plinking and gopher decimation with it and it seemed up to the task. Nice little rifle that you have!

#4 ·
Hey S,

Swell looking Glenny you have there!

Hope you got plenty of .22 ammo! :party:

Later, Mark

#7 ·
I found it in Brophy's book...

It is a Model 60 Glenfield except for the brass magazine tube and was made for the Oklahoma Tire & Supply Company as a promotion and relabeled the Model 65 Golden 50. It is not a regular catalog item...

#9 ·
Wow, see? That is really interesting. Scorp, you really are on top of your A game.
Are these normally fitted with a steel mag tube? And seriously, was a small adaptation like this really necessary just for a chain store?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.