Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Strugl4xsc
  • 2 Post By bsp212
  • 4 Post By bsp212

Thread: Model 39A firing pin fitting

Tinhorn
    Member #

Model 39A firing pin fitting

Are there any critical dimensions on the firing pin other than the front and rear stops? Also, any tricks to fitting a new pin faster? I've spent about 2 hours so far filing and testing, but admittedly going slow on purpose.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    No quick way, just keep at it like you are. Have you studied the ideal strike on the .22 rim? Good pictures and diagrams are out there. Also the pin needs to be really free in the channel, as in when you tip the rifle forward and back, it should slide back and forth by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Golphin and gunscrewguy like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Strugl4xsc View Post
    No quick way, just keep at it like you are. Have you studied the ideal strike on the .22 rim? Good pictures and diagrams are out there. Also the pin needs to be really free in the channel, as in when you tip the rifle forward and back, it should slide back and forth by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. I haven't actually studied the ideal strike, but it appears as though the pin I have for a replacement will barely strike the rim of the case currently. I may have to take a little off the front stop to get it there. The one I'm fitting is a NOS pin that I found on eBay. As a back-up, I purchased a couple of new (reproduction) from Numrich and another seller, as I wasn't sure what the difference in new and old style were. From looking at the supplied pins, I really can't see much difference.

I'm not quite to the free-floating point with the pin, but I'm getting close. Once I get it moving in the bolt correctly I'll address the stops.
    Golphin and gunscrewguy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Firing pin fitting was a success. It goes bang every time now. The little rifle is a real joy to shoot. It's more accurate than my eyesight and has no recoil to speak of.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links