39A Scope mounting
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Konyo312
  • 2 Post By sullivan

Thread: 39A Scope mounting

Tenderfoot
    Member #

39A Scope mounting

I took my 39A to the range this past weekend to zero in a Weaver V22 I had mounted. Elevation was fine, but windage was several inches off.

Looking it over today, I found one of the scope rings wasn't properly mounted. There's a channel on the ring and the piece the mount screw moves wasn't in the channel. I removed the scope and rings and remounted the rings then the scope.

It still looks slightly skewed to me but can't really tell until I try to zero at the range. Not sure if there's any issue with the mount or rings.

If it's still off when I get to the range, I may have to look into other options.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Judson and Golphin like this.

Site Contributor II Contributing Member
    Member #
    If you bore-sight the scope, you will have a good chance of hitting paper with the first shot. Just limit the range to , say, 25 yards at first, then when on paper, go back to a longer range.
    Merle1 and cajun56 like this.
    Marlin 39A Lyman 66 peep

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
    If you bore-sight the scope, you will have a good chance of hitting paper with the first shot. Just limit the range to , say, 25 yards at first, then when on paper, go back to a longer range.
    I ran out of windage adjustment. When I looked at it later, I saw the scope ring wasn't sitting correctly. I'm hoping it will be good, but still looks slightly off to me.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links