Geez - What's wrong with people?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Can't believe somebody actually did this......

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Vie...?Item=26291651

Shum8
    If you believe there's good in everyone, you obviously haven't met everyone.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
    Adam Savage

Member #

Damn.........what a waste :x I wonder if it could be somewhat returned to normal? What a shame!! It's not worth 99.99 like that. I just got a real nice 39A...probably 98% for 300.

Gunfighter
    Member #

What a crock of $#it. I can’t believe anyone would even think of buying such a rifle, because if the owner can’t be bothered to get the thing sorted out properly, then what else is wrong with it
    Who the f*** varnished the stock? Did they use a garden broom to put the stuff on with? :shock:
    Geeze I cannot believe anyone would treat a gun like this.
    I bought my 39a for £95.00 which is @ $185.00 and that is in much better condition than that piece of junk.
    Some people just shouldn’t be allowed to own nice things. :roll:
    The best time to shoot is just before you get there, and just after you leave !!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    The best time to shoot is just before you get there, and just after you leave !!!!

Wrangler
    Member #

That's a damn shame! What a butcher job! However, there may still be some life left in that little 39A yet. If the thumb screw and carrier screw is all that is wrong (aside from the finish) that can be an easy and fairly inexpensive repair. The thumb screw is readily available but finding a carrier screw would be the trick. These aren't easy to come by. The stock can be easily refinished and brought back to life with a little TLC and some tung oil. You'd have to actually see the thing to know what else might be wrong, and there is probably a lot that is wrong. The price is certainly waaaay too high. I just bought my second 39A (39AS) that included a Marbles tang sight for only $345 and it was for all practical purposes brand new. If the guy would knock-off a $100 I might consider it as a "project" gun. Yeah, like I need another one of those!

My first 39A was a pawn shop find. It was made in 1957 and it looked a little rough. It had been shot so much that the gold had been worn off the trigger. It had a small problem in that the lever wouldn't stay up after a round was chambered but a quick trip to Numrich and a new $2.70 spring fixed that problem. That little 39A turned-out to be a great investment for only $105. Under all that dust a dirt was a beautiful little rifle that still shoots GREAT!
    quot;The Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to bear arms, the Constitution says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". - Ronald Reagan

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo^
    My first 39A was a pawn shop find. It was made in 1957 and it looked a little rough. That little 39A turned-out to be a great investment for only $105. Under all that dust a dirt was a beautiful little rifle that still shoots GREAT!
    A few years back, I had a buddy call and ask if I had been to one of the local gun shops lately - I said not lately. He told me I needed to head that way, they had a used 39A on the rack. Dropped everything and went straight over - it was an Article II 39A like new (no box) for 250. Couldn't turn that one down.

As for the 39A with the Frankenstein takedown screw, I would almost be tempted to see how cheap I could get it and see just what it needed.
    If you believe there's good in everyone, you obviously haven't met everyone.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
    Adam Savage

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

I see it's been re-listed now- the first auction expired with no bids. Heads-up for deal mongerers!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "If you are under 25, and not a Liberal, you have no heart. If you are over 25, and not a Conservative, you have no brain."

-Winston S. Churchill

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

If he's wanting bids, he better start off a little lower... a LOT lower! Oh, that bubba - the guy can screw up an all u can eat buffet! SW
    Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most.

Platinum Poster
    Member #

I would bid 75 . maybe.. ........... NAH.. if you couldn't fix it up. everyone that saw it would laugh at you.
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Misdirection anyone? :shock: Everybody seems to be concerned with that very ugly nut and bolt, and the screw on the right side. Even the finish on the stock. Has anybody noticed what looks like very heavy pitting on the forward right side of the receiver? ops: THAT is probably not repairable. :cry: The other stuff could be dealt with, in a $50.00 rifle. But not that pitting.

It's too bad. It could even turn out to be a good shooter!!
    Speak softly, but ride like hell!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links