DIProducts Picatinny Rail and Marlin 795 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: DIProducts Picatinny Rail and Marlin 795

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I contacted Marlin customer service and they asked me to return the rifle to their service center in Dallas. We will see if the results are any better this time around.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I have not yet returned my rifle to the service center. I wanted to at least shoot it first and see if I even needed the picatinny rail. Along with the rifle I have also purchased one extra 10 round magazine and two promag 25 round magazines. Unfortunately I was having so much fun shooting I failed to notice when the scope started walking backwards, but it did move backwards. I was thinking I must have moved my eye closer to the scope when I finally noticed the scope had moved closer to my eye. So, I guess I will box it up tonight and get it in the mail (UPS).

As a side note, it was really fun to shoot and the promag magazines worked as advertised. There were zero failures and the last shot hold open worked every time.
    Last edited by Brickrider; 11-22-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Update: I sent my 795 to Marlin's service center in Dallas once. It came back with the left side of the dovetail repaired, but the DIP picatinny rail still did not fit. I still could not get it to even start. Marlin offered to try again, but for various reasons I did not even bother. I put that little project aside for awhile. Last weekend I contacted a local gun shop and they felt they could fit it to the gun. They could not get it on in stock form and did not feel comfortable machining on the rifle or the rail. I came back home more frustrated than ever.

Before visiting the gun shop I found that I had lost the set screws for the rail and I had sent an email to DIP asking for replacement screws. I offered to pay for the screws and S&H. I also explained my tale of woe fitting their rail to my rifle. Monday evening I received a phone call from Karen at DIP. The owner had recommended I try part number 15041 instead of 15011. The new rail arrived yesterday and I put it on today. It fits like a glove and I could not be happier. I should have contacted them a long time ago. They gave me a RMA number to return the other rail, but I feel have I marred it up to much to even bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links