Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Any info on Marlin Model 88-22

11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ken w. 
G
#1 ·
Hi guys, anyone know anything about my old Marlin semi-auto .22LR? It has no serial number, a full size uncheckered walnut stock, loads through a tubular magazine in the buttstock, has a v-notch open sight with drift elevation and a step elevator and a nise ramp front bead sight with a hood. It is designated as Model 88-22 on the Barrel. Thanks for any help you can give....<><.... :D

#2 ·
Hello,Guest
The Marlin 88(1948-1956) was Marlin's first tube fed 22 simi-auto.Cost around $35.new,the 88DL came checkered with peeps and sling was about $5.more.The 89 was a clip feed version of the same action.These early Marlins were not "MICRO-GROOVED"I must add that my 88DL is one of the most accurate 22 simis I'v ever shoulderd.
Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Just a FYI. I don't have any idea what these little rifles should be selling for now, but at the last gunshow I attended two weeks ago, I saw one for $185.00. Is that a reasonable price. It was in what I would consider to be fair condition. Stock had some minor scratches and the finish was somewhat worn in the pistol grip area, bluing was probably about 80%. Just curious. Glen

#4 ·
model 88

The question is is it worth it to you?I have 3 mod. 89c clip fed and all are diffrent variations.I paid $100.00 or less for them.Two of them jam terrible and the third works smooth as silk.You never know what you aer getting untill you take it to the range.I would have to say if you want a shooter get the model 60 with the bolt release.Dependable,accurate,inexpensive.Just keep them clean. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.