Marlin Firearms Forum banner

What was Montgomery-Wards brand name for 22's

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  puma guy 
#1 ·
My first rifle I bought & paid for was a monkey ward 39 who knows the store brand name for them? IIRC I was 14 at the time, Dad had to order it I was to young.

#7 ·
One of my "Rue The Day I Got Rid of.." was a 'Western Field' marked Savage model 29. 1939, found a Montgomery Ward page on the internet showing my exact model, and complete with a Stevens stamped sheet metal Tang Sight!

Two kids in college, I circled the wagons and kept the very minty, virtually new, Remington 121 with a marbles Tang! It was dated July 1945, right at the time Remington had returned to civilian production.

That should satisfy me. It pairs nicely with my 1951 121 Routledge .22 Smooth Bore with a bead front site.

AC

#15 ·
My first gun was a Westernfield 550 pump shotgun from Montgomery Wards with an adjustable "c-lect" choke... a rebranded Mossberg. Carried that gun on many a hunt, could have filled a pickup bed with the birds, rabbits and squirrels it brought down. Yes, I still have it.

When going through my mom's stuff last year I found the receipt... from 1975. I was too young to fill out the paperwork, so we used to joke that the shotgun was actually hers in the eyes of the law.

#17 ·
Montgomery Ward also used the proprietary name Hawthorne on their firearms and sporting goods.

Reactions: Waffletop
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.