• 1 Post By mrmike7189
  • 2 Post By Triggerfinger
  • 2 Post By changebody
  • 2 Post By 25/20Marlin

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Ruger PC Carbine

Just wondered if anyone had the Ruger PC Carbine and if so how do you like it. I traded into one NIB the other day and haven't shot it yet and was wondering how one would be scoped. I have never shot anything with a 9mm from a rifle but a good bonded bullet like the 124 gr Speer Gold Dot should do quite a bit of damage around 1300-1400 fps, not far from 357 velocities.
    rob42049 and mrmike7189 like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    My brother bought one about 10 months ago.He put a laser and a red dot on it. I like it, cheap to feed picks up some fps coming out of 16 barrel. It will take glock mags which is a plus, we live in new yorkistan 10 round mags max is our limit lol screw Comuo .Thats our xsshole govenor that ran the safe act down our throats or up our butt , but i degress sorry for the rant. the pc carbine is fun and accurate and a great plinker but with 17 to 30 round mags it will eat a lot of ammo. Will work for 4 leg varmits and the 2 leg kind also.
    Durf
    Team 1894 # 384
    Team Rossi # 43

Tinhorn
    Member #

Thumbs up nice carbine

Whether you have an original PC Carbine (1996-2005) or a new takedown one , you got nice trade there. These guns are fun,fun, fun,
    And with a +P round you do get some great inrceases in velocity.
    horseshoe likes this.
    Camp 9 Carbine
    Ruger Police Carbine 40S&W
    Ruger P944DAO
    Mini-14 223/5.56
    Glock26
    Bodyguard 380

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have one on layaway. Looked into these a few weeks ago and all I heard was good on the newer ones.
    rob42049 and horseshoe like this.
    Remember, only your enemy wants you disarmed.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I also purchased one last year. I pick up the Magpul 17 round Glock mags to feed it, they are cheap and work well. The Korean 50 round drum that you can buy for around $50 actually works well also. Throw on a red dot and go looking for hogs here in Texas.

I found that the Ruger factory backpack from the 10/22 takedown also works with the PC9, makes for a nice little travel package.
    25/20Marlin and horseshoe like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    My neighbor, the LGS owner, has one of the newer take down Ruger PC's in 9mm. He has a Burris Fast Fire III red dot on it. It is fun to shoot.

He had one of the .40 cal Ruger PC's come in for a day before it was sold. I never got to handle it, it lasted on the shelf about as long as a soft serve ice cream cone in Phoenix during a July heat wave.

I am waiting, hoping, that Ruger will bring it out in .45 ACP that accepts 1911 magazines. If they do I will have one.
    horseshoe and mrmike7189 like this.
    Old men with Garands do not panic.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links