350 Legend Update
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: 350 Legend Update

Super Moderator
    Member #

350 Legend Update

I don't have a need for the 350 Legend at present but some MO members have expressed some interest. I have noticed that 350 Legend AR-15 uppers are now for sale online along with 350 Legend Ruger American Ranch rifles. Lee now has a die set and ammo is available to buy but I haven't seen any brass for sale as yet. Just wanted to put out a quick update for those in the market...…...
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Does anybody have any real world ballistics on the legend round yet? The fastest straight wall cartridge at 200yds just doesn't satisfy my curiosity.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I don’t have any numbers but someone on YouTube was talking about it and showing that they cherrypicked the cartridges that they compared the 350 legend to when it was released. They picked out anemic factory ammo to put it up against.
    Team 45-70: #1110
    Team 30-30: #1080
    Team 1894: #521

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I am a grumpy old man, so take that into consideration with what I am about to say. I refer to this new cartridge as the .350 Pelosi. Pelosi is my politically correct term for B.S. I think Winchester hired the Flim-Flam man to be in charge of their propaganda, err promotion department.

Having said all this, I am sure that the .350 will kill deer with less noise, less cost for ammo, and less thump than the .450 Bushmaster. I would like to see real world reports and not just keyboard numbers that have been cherry picked.
    Old men with Garands do not panic.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRJ View Post
    I don’t have any numbers but someone on YouTube was talking about it and showing that they cherrypicked the cartridges that they compared the 350 legend to when it was released. They picked out anemic factory ammo to put it up against.
    That is what I have heard as well. I definitely don't regard the 350 Legend as the fastest straight walled cartridge out there.
    gunscrewguy and Marlinjunkie like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I’m not gonna bash the cartridge though. It will likely do a great job filling a niche. But companies and wildcatters have been tinkering for a long time to find the best cartridge. So I’m not too sure about something that comes out calling itself the legend. If it’s worthy of the name, it’ll come on it’s own. But I’m always happy to see folks stuck in the straight wall zone afforded new options.
    Team 45-70: #1110
    Team 30-30: #1080
    Team 1894: #521

Gunfighter
    Member #
    My favorite cartridges are the ones I can expect to find in any gun store or Wal-Mart. I don't want go on a quest just to find ammo.
    Dave
    -Very Concerned NRA Life Member (Get it together NRA!)
    -S&W Revolver Nerd
    -Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation
    -Smith & Wesson Collectors Association

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
    My favorite cartridges are the ones I can expect to find in any gun store or Wal-Mart. I don't want go on a quest just to find ammo.
    Take up reloading and you will be liberated from the limitations of the retailer's shelves. Reloading is rewarding in many ways including the therapeutic value of the process itself, the flexibility of tailoring your ammo for specific uses and firearms, the satisfaction of using your own creations and saving money to name a few.

T.S.
    NRA Endowment Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Firearms Accumulator, Native Texan
    Team 99 #29

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Shooter View Post
    Take up reloading and you will be liberated from the limitations of the retailer's shelves. Reloading is rewarding in many ways including the therapeutic value of the process itself, the flexibility of tailoring your ammo for specific uses and firearms, the satisfaction of using your own creations and saving money to name a few.

T.S.
    Yep! The shortages I saw during the Obama years got me back into reloading. Can't imagine buying factory ammo anymore...…..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret_Eng View Post
    Yep! The shortages I saw during the Obama years got me back into reloading. Can't imagine buying factory ammo anymore...…..

On July 1st, CA will utterly end any thought of buying factory ammo with their draconian ammunition laws.

I'm adding loading pistol ammo to my rifle ammo. No gun registration for me.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links