Savage BVSS-S
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bandit1250

Thread: Savage BVSS-S

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Savage BVSS-S

I picked up a Savage Varmint BVSS-S single shot 223 at a gun show back in mid April. I really prefer the single shots to the internal box repeaters. I have two of the Varmint BVSS-S in 220 Swift that are very accurate rifles. I haven't fired this one yet but hope to get a good day this week with out the wind like we have been having all the time lately. I gave $485 for it but the price was $595 to start. The nice thing on this is the great condition and it has a Canjar single set trigger on it that is quite expensive to buy and hard to find for a Savage. Set this trigger is at 4 ounces. Don't know if it has any mods to the trigger but the one I had on a 700 Remington Varmint was about the same weight of pull as this one. I have a fixed 12X Leupold on it now but not shown in the picture. Also came with a one piece Leupold base and Burris insert rings that I will sell as I use cross bolt style rings. I removed the ejector to not kick the empty out. No reason to eject the fired case out on a single shot and lose it in the grass when in the field for ground hogs. Here is a photo of just the rifle.
    bgavin likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Very nice.

I wanted to find the same in 243, but had to settle for the bolt version with 26" stainless bull barrel. (#18467)
    For me, single shot is perfect for long range prairie dog shoots.

I also wanted the same in 22LR, but was scared off by the reported feeding problems of the magazine.
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Stoeger coach gun

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links