how many knows what a foot tub is? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: how many knows what a foot tub is?

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    When visiting my Grandparents out ih the county with my 6 cousins we would all take a bath on the back poorch one at a time in a wash tub. I guess we were 5 to 7 years old and if it was cold my Grandma would heat up water in her tea kettle on her wood burning stove and pour it in the wash tub to heat up the water. When you were finished you jumped out of the washtub and ran into the house and into the kitchen where there was a little walk in pantry with a curtain to change clothes in. I can still remember my Grandpa standing on the back porch looking into a round mirror attached to a house support and shaving with a straight razor he had a big pan of water and a shaving mug sitting on a stand and a towel hung beside him. It was like he was admiring the back forty as he shaved but I guess you had to take your time with the straight razor. LOL
    kah64 and lever30 like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tcfeet View Post
    Growing up we would "draw" water from the well with a rope and bucket to fill the tub in the morning. It would sit outside during the day and you would have a hot water bath at night.
    That is if it was sunny. During the winter you heated the water on the stove, which was fueled with wood...It was a #3 washtub. I still have one, and a double tub also..They both served multiple purposes around the farm...
    Yep. This whole thread has brought back a flood of memories. City boys we were, around 10-12 yo and day after last day of school we were taken to LA (lower Alabama, troy,Elba,spring hill area) for the summer.Hot water furnished by wood stove or sunshine. Didn't take long for you to get tired of cold well water before bed after you've been in the hot fields all day. So tired you would go to sleep eating. Sunshine did a great job. Had to cut wood for the stove to heat it. Foot tub be small, wah tub big enuf to get in. Winter time was tougher.that's when the chamber pot was under the bed cause you didn't even want to go outside to the 2 holer on a cold board rough seat with a breeze blowing up your butt that was colder than a Mother in Law's heart. Not much warmer in the house cause you could throw a cat through most walls. Sorry my boy didn't get some of that. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    Bob

The good old days like that are good cause there ain't no more of them

JIC
    Wrangler
    Member #
    How many old timers on here know what a Thunder Bucket is and have used one?
    Took many baths as a youngster in a foot tub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LJBrennan007 View Post
    If I want to learn about or ask about Smith and Wessons I go to that forum. Same for Rugers and Colts. If I want to read about everything BUT Marlins, I come here. Not often, and I just remembered why...
    Mmm, maybe the "what is a foot tub" should have given you a clue that this particular thread was not about Marlins. You did have the option of scrolling on by or delighting us with non flattering comments about our forum. I see you chose the latter.

You should no that these forums have different thread categories for a reason. Its so those of us that have a different interesting lives can communicate with others - that is why these public forums are here.

Sorry we couldn't live up to your high expectations
    Oh and to my other fellow Mo'ers sorry this rant was not about Marlins
    Love me some 45-70's
    Can't get enough 22 Mags

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    The tub my gram heated water in was copper with wooden handles and lid. They called this a “wash boiler” not a tub. She had it on burner in her laundry area in basement. I think they boiled real dirty stuff at one time, before my time anyway. My dad used it for Duck Wax for years. A wax that was melted and Ducks and other fowl dipped in it to pluck.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    As I sit here soaking my feet, each in it's own tub, I suddenly remembered "sex bolts" any one remember those? They used to be called binder posts.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

pkb
    Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Yep. Foot tub = #2 wash tub. At least it did when I was a young buck (just before the percussion cap). If you really want to see a blank stare, ask for a lard can. I have long regretted disposing of an 8 track tape recorder/deck. And an old black telephone with a rotary dial and an archaic thing called a cord. Not to mention the phone number written in ink on the cardboard dial center "BR2-0698". The good old days? In a hell of a lot of ways. But without modern medical technology I, my wife, my daughter and a few dozen friends would have been dead loooooonnng ago. I miss the hell out of the simpler, fondly remembered times. But I also have to appreciate the future. I just wish there weren't so many absolute idiots with no regard for history in it......................................
    Mike 2010 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 12.30.30 AM - Edited.png
    What do you do when your teat's in the wringer? Shout it out.
    My great grandmother had a washer similar to the one in the picture. Except that it was powered by a Briggs and Stratton gas engine.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Thought of this while reading the thread. And of course the old saying of, “Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water”!
    Yesterday I was younger

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links