A reason to keep going.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: A reason to keep going.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

A reason to keep going.

I'm 72 and have been retired for 12 years now. I do a little wood work and like to go out and find old beat up bolt action, single shot 22 rifles and 410 shotguns to fix up. That's some of what uses some of my time these days. But look below. My favorite pastime. My first Great Granddaughter. She lives nearby so I get to see her a lot. She keeps me on the go and when she's around I get plenty of exercise. A bright spot in this old man's heart. Makes getting old a little easier. And yes, she's a nut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Fantastic!

Nothing like a granddaughter to entertain and keep you company! I grant you she will miss you when she goes to school!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Deadeye
    Western Tennessee, close to the Big Muddy - but not TOO close!
    Member #
    Yes Sir!
    NOTHING like Grands! I've got two granddaughters & two grandsons 6 hrs. NW of the homestead. Add 2 Greats - sons and daughters and there's a passle of young'uns in NW Arkansas! Then the Florida contingent steps up - all girls there, granddaughters. But I'm reminded quite frequently that me an' Gram need to come for another visit cause Mom & Dad don't take'm shooting and fishing often enough! (Course, both girls are wound up in church, soccer, and whatever else catches their fancy this week!)
    Yes Sir - they'll keep you busy for sure, but you gotta lov'em and hugg'em tight as often as possible. Cause one things for sure - They Grow Up FAST!

WYT-P
    Skyhunter
    JMAG54 and JohnD13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    .........66 and my first child is 20. But yup, a reason. Didn't really grow up myself till she was born. Best thing ever happened to me. Even made me tolerable .......to some.

Cute little gal 3b2 .............mine is still a nut. Love her just the way she is.
    JohnD13 and 2bytandem like this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I just turned 82 and my grandkids are grown and have lives of their own. My beautiful wife of 63 years is the light of my life.
    Travlin, flatnose, JMAG54 and 3 others like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I wish the grandkids were 7 again! The three grandsons are 20, 16, and 14 and I'm just pushing 68. Fortunately, I have a young wife, 3 months younger, and I remind her to respect her elders from time to time. Usually when I'm in a position to get away!
    You enjoy every minute with that beautiful great grandchild of yours tws3b2..
    JMAG54 likes this.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that makes a difference.

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I retired a week ago, and now split my time between the gym, the range (and the reloading bench), and the grandboys, 25 miles away. They're now eight, five and two, with another boy on the way. I have plenty to keep me busy, but they're my favorite pastime! Their Mom is less than enthused about being outnumbered by the men in her life 4-to-1, soon to be 5-to -1. I think it's great!
    navajo, JMAG54 and gunscrewguy like this.
    "The Chernobyl nuclear disaster transpired at the tail end of the Soviet Union's lifespan. In the years ahead, America must do its best to ensure the ChiComs suffer the same fate as the Soviets." —Josh Hammer

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I started having kids so late, I don't know if I'll live long enough to see grandkids. I'm the grandparent's age of my Daughters' friends.
    jfnsane and gunscrewguy like this.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    She is a cutie...
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    My granddaughter is getting married in May. She a Dr. and in her 4th year of practice. She likes to shoot targets but not much for hunting. She lives 2.5 hours away. I still see her a lot because Gpa is much more reasonable than contractors. I just spent several years on her house. Now she is selling it and her & hubby bought a new one. Grandson finishing PHD at WVU and wants to take a job in the big city. Grandson is interested in hunting and fishing if the quarry can be served on a bun. When he was little he would run and grab squirrel on first bounce and want to go home and have gramma cook it. I took them in the woods when they were toddlers. They learned the trees and leaves and roots. They loved to look for animal tracks. 71E64E2D-A18D-46C9-97C1-F8E423B22641.jpeg
    Skyhunter and gunscrewguy like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links