LED bulbs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: LED bulbs

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Went through that 2 times now. First when compact fluorescent came out and now again to switch to LED. All my shop fluorescent fixtures were changed to T8 fixtures using LED tubes. All bulbs in the house are Std LED type. I made sure to buy Std fixtures that take a screw in bulb so I don't have to hunt for a replacement. You have to pay attention to the wavelength of the LED if you want more natural light colors---otherwise it is a real bright white light. Also, make sure that the LED bulb is UL or Edison Lab approved for safety. Lots of Chinese made stuff that can catch fire and burn because it is not UL or Edison Lab tested.
    Kendawg, capt greg and gunscrewguy like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    The kids bought me a LED work Light on tripod for Fathers Day. It puts out intense white light without the heat of my quartz lights. Yet to see how long it will last. The Quartz lights are delicate, and always burning out. It's a single and puts out more light than my double 1200watt Quartz.
    gunscrewguy and Texas Shooter like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Its amazing the power saved with led’s. When we added up our total watts per day used, it was a no brainer to go with led’s. That freed up a lot of watts that could be used or not used elsewhere. We are into year 4 off grid an no burnt out ones yet.
    However complicated the issues become... it comes down to one simple question. Which is more important to you Life or Liberty? I've made my decision long ago.

"Is life so sweet or peace so dear; as to be paid for at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death." Patrick Henry

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

"Opinionated Texan" Super Moderator
    Member #
    my gun room has five 5' led light led lights in it. i don't have to wear a headlamp
    when i work on stuff no more.
    my can am side by side has a led light bar on the front, on the back and
    two small ones on each side. very handy hog hunting at night for the rough terrin
    i go in.
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    Navajo
    Lever-Action Addict
    Savage 99 fan
    MXLR fan
    Full-Blood Texan

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I changed all of the 12V lights in my RV to LED. The converter cooling fan would run when I had just a few of the old incandescent lights on, but now it it doesn't run at all. It's certain to prolong the life of the converter.
    Team 35 #574
    336cs 35 Rem.
    1894c 357 mag.
    983 22 mag.
    Glenfield-Marlin model 25 .22
    Henry golden Boy 22 Mag.
    Uberti 1873 357 Mag.
    Browning 1885 22-250
    Ruger No.1 .243 Win.
    Browning BLR .243

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I put in a lot of ceiling fans. I had been saving the light kits off the old ones that took standard bulbs. The next generation had low voltage bulbs and made very little light. Now the new generation fans have LEDs makes better lite than the old standard bulb. LEDs can be bought to fit either of older generation fans except maybe the type with two pins instead of threaded socket.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Wrangler
    Member #
    Love LEDs. It’s great they are making the odd sizes. I still yell at my wife to turn out the lights.
    It’s really paid off at our off grid cabin, running a battery bank and 2 solar panels the leds really extend battery life.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    after I get this pre civil war house wired with circuit breakers maybe I'll look into those led's
    good thing I picked up some fresh kerosene last month

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I changed the entire house to compact flourescent bulbs about 22 years ago then switched to LED bulbs about 8 or 9 years ago. You're way behind the curve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links