Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By alawrence
  • 1 Post By butchieboy
  • 1 Post By marlinluvr

Thread: Installing a sling

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Red face Installing a sling

I just joined so bear with me. I bought a vintage like new Kassnar sling made in Spain for my 336 I just purchased. On the bottom of the stock is the hole for the sling screw that the swivel hooks to. To install the screw do you drill a small pilot hole before you install the screw. I do not want to damage the stock. Should you put some kind of glue or epoxy on the screw threads before installing & tightening it down. Thanks for any help.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Make sure the pilot hole is a little smaller than the swivel screw. Put some bar soap or lube on the screw and gently screw it in. Be careful of cracking the stock.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Is the "hole" that you are referring to, the hole where the bulls eye is suppose to be?
    If the stock already has a drill hole for the swivel stud and the bulls eye is intact, put a small dab of bar soap on the threads and carefully screw it into place.
    If you have a missing bulls eye, replace it and move the pilot hole position 1.5" towards the butt plate. A 336 should always have a bulls eye, my opinion of course.
    Andrew
    Boris and Gareth Holland like this.
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Yes it does have a bullseye & thank you for your help
    alawrence likes this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    If you put the swivel stud where the bullseye is, you can purchase another bullseye (spare) so that if you ever decide to sell it or don't want the sling, you can replace the bullseye and you won't have caused any permanent damage/ diminished the value to the stock...but to each his own!
    cajun56 likes this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links