Lanolin. It’s not just for nipples any more - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Lanolin. It’s not just for nipples any more

Sidewinder
    Member #

This guy is pretty good. Gets off topic a bit on resizing but demos different case lubes. I like the way he takes a pinch of Lee lube, dabs the bottom of a plastic food storage container then proceeds to lube 50 cases at once. I'm going to have to try that. He completely loads the round, crimped and all then washes them with hot water and a dab of Dawn.
    Maineiac likes this.

REK
    Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I purchased mine on Amazon, you will see 99% alcohol and spray bottles purchased together with it.
    I agree with using imperial wax for small batches or extreme sizing, but when you are loading a few hundred to a couple thousand the lanolin alcohol mix is the ticket.
    I run it at a 12:1 ratio and spray the cases in a shallow cardboard box getting the whole case including the mouth coated with it. let it dry a few minutes and go to town.
    I clean it off in the wet tumbler with stainless pins, dawn and lemishine.
    There is a large thread on another web site with the title "Case lube for cheap [email protected]" lots of info on making and using it,they claim it is similar to the Dillion spray lube.
    https://www.amazon.com/Home-Health-Liquid-Lanolin-Fragrance-Free/dp/B0014AWF0S/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=liquid+lanolin&qid=1579645319& sr=8-5

Good luck
    REK
    Maineiac likes this.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    A friend told me to try Mink oil.
    Man that stuff works great and is cheap, and
    you don't get funny looks from the 50 yo at the register.

RP
    rob42049 and Maineiac like this.

Monty Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Mink Oil? Who ever heard of a Squeaky Mink, fer cryin' out loud.

This thread has set a new titillation threshold, or I miss my guess. Nipple creams, rubbing your brass, sheep, Everclear blends, jiminy Christmas, I just buy a bottle of Dillon spray lube every ten years and don't have to worry about offending the nearest pharmaceutical matron. And all I can tell you about Everclear is that when you mix it with Hawaiian Punch, your vomit will take the paint off anything from a basement floor to a '62 Corvair. Trust me.
    "I don't understand why pro-life people want to know if they are 'welcome' to join the democrat party. Why would any civilized person want to support a barbaric platform that champions abortion for any reason through all nine months funded by taxpayers?" —actress Patricia Heaton

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn View Post
    Mink Oil? Who ever heard of a Squeaky Mink, fer cryin' out loud.

This thread has set a new titillation threshold, And all I can tell you about Everclear is that when you mix it with Hawaiian Punch, your vomit will take the paint off anything from a basement floor to a '62 Corvair. Trust me.
    Do you have some first hand experience, you'd ah...like to share with the class?

RP
    Maineiac likes this.

Monty Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Site Contributor-Certified Marlin & Milsurp Rifle Nut Super Moderator
    Member #
    I just keep it simple. Wipe some Hornday Unique on my finger and go to town staying well away from the shoulder. Been working on the same tub of unique since July of 2009. Might buy something new just for the heck of it.
    Maineiac likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links