Cleaning Brass - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Cleaning Brass

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I think that's what mine is. ( the cables stuff) works pretty well. Good enough for me anyway. Can remember how long I have had it. Been in my garage forever it seems. I had some stuff originally that I didn't care for , I think that was crushed walnut media.

PWB
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Several years ago; I tried a Hornady wet sonic cleaner, along with a bottle of their cleaning solution. I caught it on sale and thought I would give it a try. The sonic cleaner worked reasonable well but was nothing to write home about. I was limited with the amount of brass it would clean at a given time. After the cleaning was completed I began to notice that the brass would tarnish and would have to be run through my tumbler. Finally decided it wasn't worth the trouble and traded it a set of dies. When I clean brass now I use a tumbler with a dab of Lyman's brass polish. For media I've been using Zilla brand ground walnut hulls. Before I tried the sonic cleaner; I bought the walnut hulls (10 quart bag) for about $5.00 and still have plenty left. As long as the walnut hulls are kept in a climate controlled area they will last forever. Brass comes out bright and shiny, ready to be primed and loaded.
    http://www.afsp.org/
    Team 444 member #50
    Team 35 member #47
    Team 30-30 member #60
    Team Semi-Auto #50

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Yup SS media for me with lemonshine and soap is turtlewax car car wash, excellent finish on final product.
    25/20Marlin likes this.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I add one ounce of mineral spirits mixed with one ounce of Nu Finish car polish to media. Run it for 20 minutes before putting the brass in. Works great. Clean inside and out in less time.
    Gareth Holland likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Brass Juice + Wet Tumbler - Media = Amazing Clean and Shine!
    Retirednsmilin likes this.

Site Contributor Gunfighter
    Member #
    Been reloading for over 30 years now. Wet tumblers are the way to go. Once you use one you will never go back to all that noise and mess.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I went to buy some lemishine but found out there is about 50 different products are called lemishine. This may be a dumb question but what type of lemishine should I use in my wet tumbler.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lever Jac View Post
    I went to buy some lemishine but found out there is about 50 different products are called lemishine. This may be a dumb question but what type of lemishine should I use in my wet tumbler.
    Any liquid spot remover for dishwashers will work. I buy mine at the dollar type stores.
    Lever Jac likes this.
    Old men with Garands do not panic.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Not just clean but shiny brass. I have been using a sonic cleaner to clean my brass but thought I would give an old rock tumbler a chance and it works wonderful with ss pins, dish soap and Lemishine. I believe I put to many ss pins and brass but they sure do look good. Thanks for all the input.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I went to BPS the other day to pickup a shell holder that I forgot to include in my Midway order - Midway is having an RCBS sale and free shipping over $50. Anytime shipping is free, it's a good thing. Especially when there's bullets involved.

Anyway, walking through the gun aisles for a bit I was staggered by sticker shock. My favorite .308 caliber Hornady bullets were at least $10-$14 higher than I remember. And the ammo aisles looked like Walmart. I thought I was going to see cosmetics behind all the locked glass.

Granted, it wasn't the weekend but the place was deserted. I think Turner's down the road a ways in Modesto might be worth the gas.

I consider myself lucky getting out of there with what I was looking for (#2 shell holder) and $11 lighter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links