Case Trimmers ?

Thread: Case Trimmers ?

Sidewinder
    Member #

Case Trimmers ?

I was wondering which case trimmer everybody likes ? Your opinions will be a great help.

Thanks

jr 1968

Wrangler
    Member #

Re: Case Trimmers ?

The Lee case trimmer. Use it with a (quiet)cordless drill and you don't even have to miss a race,fishing/hunting show or football game.
    Jan 4, 2007 gasoline $2.10 gal.....HMMM?

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

I use the RCBS with the 3 way cutter. RCBS has, IMO, the fastest and easiest method of inserting cases and it holds the case head against a fixed surface via spring pressure, so every case has exactly the same index. Press the paddle on the left and insert the case under a shell holder similar to a reloading press. Release the paddle and crank the handle to trim (and deburr and chamfer if using the three way cutter). Press the paddle again to release the case.

Using the RCBS trimmer and a 3 way cutter, I touch each case only once to trim, deburr and chamfer. It is also much easier on the fingers and wrists.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #

+1 for the RCBS. I have had mine for at least 30 years.
    "Hunt close, then get closer."
    Team .444 -- Member #22

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jimkim
    The Lee case trimmer. Use it with a (quiet)cordless drill and you don't even have to miss a race,fishing/hunting show or football game.
    +1 for the Lee trimmer. I have the old style Lyman but prefer the Lee with a cordless drill. It's what I have been using for years. Hard to change old habits when they work for you.

Nightfisher
    Nightfisher
    Team 1894 #39 - Team 35 #19 - Team 30-30 #99 Marlin League # 38 - Team 336-44 #31

To each his own.

Don't blame me. I voted for the American.

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

I also use the Lee trimmer, $4 a pop per caliber, and easy to use. I also use an electric drill, and I lock it in, trim, then chamfer and deburr. I can do about 200 cases an hour if I stay focused.

PJ

: "The Chinese are engaged in a full-court blitzkrieg of stealing American technology, trying to influence our political system, trying to steal secrets at our research universities and so forth. ... China is a very serious threat to the United States geopolitically, economically, militarily, and a threat to the integrity of our institutions given their ability to influence things." —Attorney General Bill Barr

Wrangler
    Member #

I've got a Forester collet type trimmer, and it works great, but is a bit slow. I also use Lee trimmers with a cordless drill or driver. Finally, I recently added a Hornady trimmer. It is now my primary trim tool. One reason I picked it was that it can trim .500 cases, as in 500S&W, 50AE and 500 Wyoming Express. I also have a few trim dies that work with a metal file. They're great for those rare times when I'm forming a case from a much longer parent case. An example would be forming a .308 Winchester case from a 30-06. A hacksaw blade can be used with the trim die to quickly cut it down to rough length, then finish up with a regular case trimmer.

A good dial caliper is an essential companion to any case trimmer, in my humble opinion.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links