Since I don't have to work on y'all's guns...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Since I don't have to work on y'all's guns...

Supporting Vendor
    Member #

Howdy friends,

I am just now wrapping up the very last custom rifle that RPP will build for a client, closing out an 18 month backlog. It's a relief, but also a little sad for me, since I spent so much time developing custom options, and we still get requests every day for just one more. It's hard to say no when you know you're really good at something. But I'm getting better at it. Watch. No. Sorry, no. Sorry, I can't help you out. Seriously man, no, and I have guns.

Whatever. The occasion calls for a toast, so I'll lift a glass of my favorite bourbon. Year end is fast approaching, and RPP is in good shape, thanks to many of you, so lift one with me. Cheers.

Where does that leave me? Well, since I don't have to work on y'all's guns anymore, I have all kinds of free time. All I have to do is be CEO of an exploding company, so I'm trying out slacking as a new vocation. I straggle into the office at 5 or 6am instead of 4. I've only designed about 25 new products all year. I pretend to have important things to do while my well trained staff pretends to work really hard, and the robots do all the real work. I've started writing a book about the herdsmen of eastern Mongolia, because, why not. Those guys deserve their due. When that gets tiresome, I leave early and catch up on my dental work. Who knew root canals could be so much fun? Not me. I never had the time.

But mostly, I'm back to my old tricks. I do silly things on motorcycles that result in months of PT. I get to build really cool custom rifles...for me. I'm just finishing up a Marlin in .219 Wasp that shoots sub MOA even when fed the wrong ammo. I'm working on a .36 RPP "truck gun" just in case a moose tries to carjack me. In an odd twist, also a gas operated .40 Super AR-15 pistol that will probably supercede the .36 truck gun. Or maybe not. Do you feel lucky? Speaking of trucks, thinking of getting mine supercharged. Or maybe just switching to Hodgdon Varget instead of gasoline.

As you can see, I'm loosing my grasp. If y'all want any more Marlin parts, better speak now or forever hold your piece. This time next year, I'll be a bush pilot in the Caucasus. With my trusty .36 RPP truck gun.

Cheers,
    AD
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Gunfighter
    Member #
    So are you just changing gears, or closing shop? Best wishes, either way.
    Dave
    -Very Concerned NRA Life Member (Get it together NRA!)
    -S&W Revolver Nerd
    -Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation
    -Smith & Wesson Collectors Association

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Maybe you should get into making bourbon and share with the rest of us. CHEERS!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

Congrats, and thanks for finding time to personally respond to customer concerns. It seems you are reaping the rewards of making customers happy, as any successful business must in order to stay in business.
    Cheers, and best wishes for continued success!
    —Griff

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
    So are you just changing gears, or closing shop? Best wishes, either way.
    Oh, RPP isn't going away. We changed gears well over a year ago, shuttering our custom Marlin business (and most of our revenue). Since then we've focused on our manufacturing division, and the effort has paid off. This is just me blowing off after a long, hard run. Thanks for the good thoughts!

AD
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lever Jac View Post
    Maybe you should get into making bourbon and share with the rest of us. CHEERS!!!!
    Haha! Ya know, a couple years ago, the head distiller at my favorite bourbon distillery offered me a whole barrel of .36 Bourbon in exchange for a custom .36 RPP rifle. I declined on fear of alcoholism. But jeez, now I'm having second thoughts. What could possibly go wrong?

Gunfighter
    Member #
    So, how is the new pup? There hasn't been any pics for a while. Must be getting big.

Padraig
    jgriffin1988 and vt4ster like this.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
    So, how is the new pup? There hasn't been any pics for a while. Must be getting big.

Padraig
    Thanks for asking. Yeager is doing well. He'll be one year old on 10/15/19. Full of puppy energy and has very powerful legs and a thick, beefy body. And his head is so large that his neck has had to grow super thick to hold it up. :-)

IMG_7797.jpg
    Last edited by RangerPointPrecision; 10-02-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Speaking of big ol’ heads...how’s yours, after last night’s revelry?
    cajun56 and vt4ster like this.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jgriffin1988 View Post
    Speaking of big ol’ heads...how’s yours, after last night’s revelry?
    Oh, I'm good. Drank my water this morning, took my walk with the pups, and still managed to get to the office at 5:30am. Dang, what happened to slacking?
    jgriffin1988, M700 and vt4ster like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links