Since I don't have to work on y'all's guns... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Since I don't have to work on y'all's guns...



  1. #11
    Deadeye
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    637
    Member #
    138776
    Thanked
    1052 times
    You know RP, I have been retired for 20 years & have NO time for a job! A lot of guys that I have met over the years have a hard time settling in to not going to the job every morning. But, you will finally get the hang of it & when you do, you will say "Why didn't I do this years ago!"
    I have yet to see a tombstone in a cemetery that says, "Gee I wish that I had worked longer!".

  2. #12
    Distinguished Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ontario, California
    Posts
    8,164
    Member #
    67133
    Thanked
    28041 times
    Good for you RP, I too need to change it up here a bit. .......a bit ..........man I just crack myself up sometimes.

  3. #13
    Supporting Vendor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,731
    Member #
    53661
    Thanked
    5825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder65 View Post
    You know RP, I have been retired for 20 years & have NO time for a job! A lot of guys that I have met over the years have a hard time settling in to not going to the job every morning. But, you will finally get the hang of it & when you do, you will say "Why didn't I do this years ago!"
    I have yet to see a tombstone in a cemetery that says, "Gee I wish that I had worked longer!".
    Hey pathfinder65 - Just to be clear I am not retired sadly. A year and a half ago, we decided to discontinue our gunsmith services business and focus 100% on our manufacturing parts business. So while this is the last custom Marlin - closing out our gunsmith business - we'll still be busy selling our more than 100 parts catalog for Marlin, Henry, Winchester and Steyr pistols - as well as our motorcycle parts division - and continuing to design and introduce new parts. So slight switch in business model but no retirement for me for many, many years.
    JMAG54, M700, jgriffin1988 and 1 others like this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Deadeye
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    637
    Member #
    138776
    Thanked
    1052 times
    OK, sorry RP, Some how I got the idea that you were letting go of the reigns & going into semi-retirement! You know, just checking in occasionally to make sure that things a running smooth!

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerPointPrecision View Post
    Hey pathfinder65 - Just to be clear I am not retired sadly. A year and a half ago, we decided to discontinue our gunsmith services business and focus 100% on our manufacturing parts business. So while this is the last custom Marlin - closing out our gunsmith business - we'll still be busy selling our more than 100 parts catalog for Marlin, Henry, Winchester and Steyr pistols - as well as our motorcycle parts division - and continuing to design and introduce new parts. So slight switch in business model but no retirement for me for many, many years.

  6. #15
    Supporting Vendor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,731
    Member #
    53661
    Thanked
    5825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder65 View Post
    OK, sorry RP, Some how I got the idea that you were letting go of the reigns & going into semi-retirement! You know, just checking in occasionally to make sure that things a running smooth!
    Ha ha that would be nice but not at 46 yrs young. Still gotta pay for the homestead, save up for my 10 yr old daughter to go to college, whatever my wife wants, feed the Danes, and of course pay for all of my firearm and motorcycle collectibles. Seriously though, I enjoy getting to design and make cool things on the CNC machines. Nothing better than that!
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

  7. #16
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,721
    Member #
    12885
    Thanked
    121317 times
    Two words: unpaid interns.
    vt4ster likes this.

  8. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    JAX
    Posts
    11,162
    Member #
    5532
    Thanked
    25339 times
    Congrats Adam! Sounds like you are turning the page to the next chapter. I'd love to see you make a Cloverleaf peep with picatinny mount for the 1894. That would be perfect on the SBR in my avatar.

    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

  9. #18
    Supporting Vendor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,731
    Member #
    53661
    Thanked
    5825 times
    Yesterday afternoon I ran that little .40 Super AR pistol that I mentioned in the OP. Needs a few tweaks still, but pretty nifty. It's a lot like having a .41 mag AR. The whole package weighs under 4.5lbs and delivers over 1000 ft/lbs with every trigger pull. Since it's gas operated, there isn't much recoil either. It's so small, I'm thinking it might be my motorcycle gun instead of truck gun.
    jgriffin1988 likes this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •