Since I don't have to work on y'all's guns... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Since I don't have to work on y'all's guns...

Deadeye
    Member #
    You know RP, I have been retired for 20 years & have NO time for a job! A lot of guys that I have met over the years have a hard time settling in to not going to the job every morning. But, you will finally get the hang of it & when you do, you will say "Why didn't I do this years ago!"
    I have yet to see a tombstone in a cemetery that says, "Gee I wish that I had worked longer!".

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Good for you RP, I too need to change it up here a bit. .......a bit ..........man I just crack myself up sometimes.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder65 View Post
    You know RP, I have been retired for 20 years & have NO time for a job! A lot of guys that I have met over the years have a hard time settling in to not going to the job every morning. But, you will finally get the hang of it & when you do, you will say "Why didn't I do this years ago!"
    I have yet to see a tombstone in a cemetery that says, "Gee I wish that I had worked longer!".
    Hey pathfinder65 - Just to be clear I am not retired sadly. A year and a half ago, we decided to discontinue our gunsmith services business and focus 100% on our manufacturing parts business. So while this is the last custom Marlin - closing out our gunsmith business - we'll still be busy selling our more than 100 parts catalog for Marlin, Henry, Winchester and Steyr pistols - as well as our motorcycle parts division - and continuing to design and introduce new parts. So slight switch in business model but no retirement for me for many, many years.
    JMAG54, M700, jgriffin1988 and 1 others like this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    OK, sorry RP, Some how I got the idea that you were letting go of the reigns & going into semi-retirement! You know, just checking in occasionally to make sure that things a running smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerPointPrecision View Post
    Hey pathfinder65 - Just to be clear I am not retired sadly. A year and a half ago, we decided to discontinue our gunsmith services business and focus 100% on our manufacturing parts business. So while this is the last custom Marlin - closing out our gunsmith business - we'll still be busy selling our more than 100 parts catalog for Marlin, Henry, Winchester and Steyr pistols - as well as our motorcycle parts division - and continuing to design and introduce new parts. So slight switch in business model but no retirement for me for many, many years.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder65 View Post
    OK, sorry RP, Some how I got the idea that you were letting go of the reigns & going into semi-retirement! You know, just checking in occasionally to make sure that things a running smooth!
    Ha ha that would be nice but not at 46 yrs young. Still gotta pay for the homestead, save up for my 10 yr old daughter to go to college, whatever my wife wants, feed the Danes, and of course pay for all of my firearm and motorcycle collectibles. Seriously though, I enjoy getting to design and make cool things on the CNC machines. Nothing better than that!
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Two words: unpaid interns.
    vt4ster likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Congrats Adam! Sounds like you are turning the page to the next chapter. I'd love to see you make a Cloverleaf peep with picatinny mount for the 1894. That would be perfect on the SBR in my avatar.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Yesterday afternoon I ran that little .40 Super AR pistol that I mentioned in the OP. Needs a few tweaks still, but pretty nifty. It's a lot like having a .41 mag AR. The whole package weighs under 4.5lbs and delivers over 1000 ft/lbs with every trigger pull. Since it's gas operated, there isn't much recoil either. It's so small, I'm thinking it might be my motorcycle gun instead of truck gun.
    jgriffin1988 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links