Marlin All Weather Polymer Forearm NEW! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Marlin All Weather Polymer Forearm NEW!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    A solution in search of a problem.
    Smith & Wesson The Handgun Of Choice!
    Revolvers Rule.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguvna View Post
    not till you mentioned it, so whats up with that?
    In finishing up the last of our custom rifle builds, I started thinking about anything I could do, detail-wise, to set them off just that much more. The idea to cap the mag with something more aesthetically pleasing than a flat disc occurred to me, and late the next day I had machined up several bullet shaped mag caps. Everyone at the shop thought they were pretty handsome, so here they come. Y'all know me well enough to know that every part I design is intended to offer a practical upgrade over the factory part. This one doesn't, unless you count the modest weight savings. It's just for looks, cool points, however you want to justify it. I think they're slick, but if nobody buys 'em all stick 'em on my rifles. Won't hurt my feelings.

AD
    pacificpt and Texas Shooter like this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Wrangler
    Member #
    At one time there was a mag tube cap that had a bear paw printed on it, thought that was cool. Toying with the ideal of having something laser engraved on one, just not sure what I would want yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    p.s. Will defiantly buy a stock set when they become available. Any chance to mill in a hole on the butt stock for a Marlin Bullseye??

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffletop View Post
    Just a suggestion: It would be nice to have a buttstock that is adjustable for length of pull. One size does not fit all.
    Talked to the guys and we could potentially design/sell some spacers to change LOP should we see enough interest.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads35 View Post
    At one time there was a mag tube cap that had a bear paw printed on it, thought that was cool. Toying with the ideal of having something laser engraved on one, just not sure what I would want yet.
    I think Grizzly Customs might do that bear claw on their Marlin custom builds. :-)

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads35 View Post
    p.s. Will defiantly buy a stock set when they become available. Any chance to mill in a hole on the butt stock for a Marlin Bullseye??
    Well, we can't just mill the polymer stock for a Marlin bullseye, because the material isn't there to be milled--they aren't solid all the way through. They are well braced internally for rigidity though. No cheap flimsy feel for our customers!

There will almost certainly be other iterations of the stock, so the bullseye is something we can revisit.

AD

Wrangler
    Member #
    Definitely interested in a straight grip set for my 1894 500 JRH and 30-30 AX Texan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    Definitely interested in a straight grip set for my 1894 500 JRH and 30-30 AX Texan.

Thanks for the feedback!

Wrangler
    Member #
    No problem. I wish you still did gun smithing. I love 30-30 AX wanted a 36 RPP
    But sold the donor gun after you stopped building them. Ended up with a 300 WSM for elk instead.

Texas Shooter and two80rem like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links