• 1 Post By Shark Bait
  • 2 Post By efm77
  • 1 Post By RangerPointPrecision
  • 1 Post By Vic in Va

Thread: RPP Lever popping open

Tinhorn
    Member #

RPP Lever popping open

I installed a new lever, which I love. However, I'm now having that issue where the lever doesn't want to stay locked in, it pops out too easy. What is it about the RPP lever that is different than the factory lever that would cause this? This is a on a .308MX.

Thanks
    Texas Shooter likes this.

RED
    Tinhorn
    Member #
    Pauly5:

I bought an RPP lever and had the same issue you are having. I contacted RPP and was told that some levers are not bent/formed enough. They sent me a replacement that works fine. Maybe give them a call.

Take care,
    Bob

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I recently had the same problem. RPP worked with me to determine the issue and it turned out to be a weak plunger spring. They sent me a new one free of charge and it works fine now.
    Texas Shooter likes this.
    Dave
    -Very Concerned NRA Life Member (Get it together NRA!)
    -S&W Revolver Nerd
    -Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation
    -Smith & Wesson Collectors Association

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #
    A little filing on the plunger to alter the angle will help it stay in place over the pin better as well. Sometimes they have too steep of an angle toward the point on the plunger and it allows it to slip back over the retaining pin too easily.
    Texas Shooter and gunscrewguy like this.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly5 View Post
    I installed a new lever, which I love. However, I'm now having that issue where the lever doesn't want to stay locked in, it pops out too easy. What is it about the RPP lever that is different than the factory lever that would cause this? This is a on a .308MX.

Thanks
    Hi Pauly - Sounds like the plunger is having an issue. Possible the plunger/spring/pin installed from the factory lever need a refresh. Probably the spring. Send us an email and we can help. [email protected]

Kimberly
    Golphin likes this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Just installed a Large loop lever on my Guide gun. I had to order the 3 plunger parts from another vendor (you were out of stock on these items), but everything went together well and lever lock-up is excellent.

Though I don't really care for the aesthetics of a large loop, the RPP's size and shape are much more agreeable to my eyes than others on the market, and most important of all, I am able to quickly get my fingers into the lever with a glove appropriate for cold weather.

Function is the primary parameter and the RPP lever is outstanding in that respect. Workmanship is top-notch. And, the more I look at it, the more I think that, "It don't look that bad, after all".

Great product.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic in Va View Post
    Just installed a Large loop lever on my Guide gun. I had to order the 3 plunger parts from another vendor (you were out of stock on these items), but everything went together well and lever lock-up is excellent.

Though I don't really care for the aesthetics of a large loop, the RPP's size and shape are much more agreeable to my eyes than others on the market, and most important of all, I am able to quickly get my fingers into the lever with a glove appropriate for cold weather.

Function is the primary parameter and the RPP lever is outstanding in that respect. Workmanship is top-notch. And, the more I look at it, the more I think that, "It don't look that bad, after all".

Great product.
    Hey Vic - Great news and thanks so much for providing the feedback. Happy hunting!
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links