• 5 Post By gunscrewguy
  • 4 Post By cajun56
  • 5 Post By Cowboy23*
  • 6 Post By RangerPointPrecision

Thread: RPP Lever pivot thumb screw

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

RPP Lever pivot thumb screw

Can anyone tell me if the Lever pivot thumb screw that RPP makes can be easily screwed in by finger pressure ? Reason is I bought a few from Brownells and they could not be screwed in by hand---was supposed to be 12X28 size and threads but very tight. I returned them because I did not want to ruin my lever pivot hole in the receiver. Marlin supposed to be .210 X 28NF2 threads
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    The designer of the Brownell's screw did not appreciate Marlin's purposeful design and assumed that it was a standard SAE conforming fastener.

You can trust Ranger Point - they produce fine quality and STAND behind their products. They UNDERSTAND the nuances of gun manufacturing.

Personally, I prefer a more compact straight knurled coin slotted screw that can be easily tightened. Ranger Points screw allows superior finger grip by design.

Marlin's .210 Diam X 28 NF 2A is an undersized #12-28. Gun manufacturers do such things to prevent folks using cheap fasteners that could lead to a safety issue.

AC
    Last edited by gunscrewguy; 05-31-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Golphin, cajun56, JohnD13 and 2 others like this.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy23* View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Lever pivot thumb screw that RPP makes can be easily screwed in by finger pressure ? Reason is I bought a few from Brownells and they could not be screwed in by hand---was supposed to be 12X28 size and threads but very tight. I returned them because I did not want to ruin my lever pivot hole in the receiver. Marlin supposed to be .210 X 28NF2 threads

Mine screwed in like a dream! Easy on! Easy off!
    Time to buy more!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Thanks guys---I'm putting in my order for my CB Marlins.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gunscrewguy View Post
    The designer of the Brownell's screw did not appreciate Marlin's purposeful design and assumed that it was a standard SAE conforming fastener.

You can trust Ranger Point - they produce fine quality and STAND behind their products. They UNDERSTAND the nuances of gun manufacturing.

Personally, I prefer a more compact straight knurled coin slotted screw that can be easily tightened. Ranger Points screw allows superior finger grip by design.

Marlin's .210 Diam X 28 NF 2A is an undersized #12-28. Gun manufacturers do such things to prevent folks using cheap fasteners that could lead to a safety issue.

AC
    Thanks for the support AC! Yes, the pivot threads in the Marlin trigger plates is undersized. We cut our threads single point in a CNC lathe, and test in the tightest trigger plate we have on hand. Our QD screws have sold well, and I think we've only seen a couple returned for tight fit. On a customer suggestion we added an O-ring to the shoulder to keep the screws from backing out during repeated cycling. It was a great idea, as even the factory screws loosen over time. We love our customers! They're so smart.
    AD
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links