Marlin Gold Standard Trigger Kit
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Marlin Gold Standard Trigger Kit

Supporting Vendor
    Member #

Marlin Gold Standard Trigger Kit

Hiya gents,

They say you've gotta watch out for the quiet ones, and it's true, I've been pretty quiet over here. But as always, that means I'm up to something--or in this case, a lot of somethings. In addition to designing a small catalog full of motorcycle parts and filing patents in preparation for the launch of our new division, I have of course, not forgotten my good friends suffering from Marlinitis.

In the photo there are three new Marlin parts. Can you spot them? I'll give you a hint. Look for the shiny bits. I'll start you off: that is a freshly machined RPP medium loop on that 1894...FG! Yes, it's my FG and you can't have it, and yes, very soon you can stop begging us to make our loops for the pistol grip 1894s and just buy one.

See anything else interesting?FG.jpg

AD
    94win30wcf, Vooch, Da Duke and 9 others like this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Tell us about the trigger Adam.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    mrguvna and M1Riflenut like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Do tell, an adjustable trigger? I hope. I'm in! and a medium loop. Sweet. C'mon Adam fess up.
    Team 35 Remington #722
    Team 336-44 #62
    Team 1894 #512
    Team Wheel Gun #77
    Team 44-40 #57

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vooch View Post
    Tell us about the trigger Adam.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Glad you asked Vooch. Folks have been asking us to make a trigger since, well, since we starting making Marlin parts. We are well aware that there is a competitive product available, and by most accounts, it's a decent unit. I'm not one to copy cat though, so I looked for ways to improve not just the factory pull weight, but also the design of the trigger blade itself. So, I'd say the biggest change we made over existing designs was to widen and flatten the trigger blade, which I think is going to make a lot of people very happy. Existing Marlin triggers are about .27" wide, and we made ours .35", which is about as far as you can safely go and stay inside the guard. We also flattened the front curve, making the trigger feel roomier, and left some very faint serrations for good traction. Lastly, we altered the overall angle of the trigger face to slightly downward. This better matches the angle of the trigger finger--which is coming from atop the grip--once again giving the trigger a more ergonomic feel.

Naturally, we changed the sear angle as well to reduce pull weight, and yes, our design eliminates the famous Marlin "flop" that bothers some folks. Our first batch of tool steel sears is being nitrided as we speak. This imparts a ridiculously high surface hardness, meaning these sears won't wear over time like the factory part. Once they come back to us, we'll be offering the kits equipped with your choice of black, brushed, or--wait for it--GOLD triggers.

And there you have it.

Adam
    mrguvna, Vooch, Da Duke and 14 others like this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Well, the only 3rd shiny part I see is the quick take-down screw with the American flag. In checking your site, I also see available a 45-70 GOVT available both of which are cool.

Not to open a can of worms but if we could order them in 444, 338ME, 308ME, etc.

I really like the trigger, Adam. Of course, it'd be especially cool if it had an adjustable pull but these are hunting rifles and if the pull weight is in the 3lb realm, it's good!

What is the pull weight?

Jack
    Last edited by JACKTW; 05-15-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Da Duke, Vooch, M1Riflenut and 2 others like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Well, the only 3rd shiny part I see is the quick take-down screw with the American flag. In checking your site, I also see available a 45-70 GOVT available both of which are cool.

Not to open a can of worms but if we could order them in 444, 338ME, 308ME, etc.

I really like the trigger, Adam. Of course, it's be especially cool if it had an adjustable pull but these are hunting rifles and if the pull weight is in the 3lb realm, it's good!

What is the pull weight?

Jack
    The idea for the custom engraved TD screws was given to us by a customer. I loved it, and since we were just getting ready to run a batch anyway, I implemented it immediately. If the initial batch goes over well, we'll no doubt add more designs/calibers.

The new triggers will not be adjustable for pull weight. Unfortunately Marlins have precious little space around the trigger for such luxuries, as the sear is bracketed tightly by the lever plunger and hammer. As you may have noticed, pull weight can vary quite a bit among similar Marlins, owing to a number of influences. The condition of the sear and hammer hook, strength of the hammer spring, even the position of the trigger plate in the receiver, not to mention the strength of the sear spring. All can add or subtract pull weight, and most of those factors are out of my control, insofar as customer's rifles are concerned.

What we've done with our sears is create a minimally positive engagement angle. A negative angle can reduce pull weight even more, but can also be completely unsafe in many circumstances. On a rifle that has full strength hammer and sear springs, the pull weight with our trigger will be around 3.5 to 4lbs. However, our kits will include a reduced power hammer spring, which in most cases will drop pull weight by as much as a pound. So your actual pull weight, with trigger and hammer spring installed, may drop under 3lbs.
    Da Duke, Scorpiusb, JACKTW and 4 others like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I'll be waiting to order that lever...for my FG!
    It's what you learn after you know it all that makes a difference.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Ah, a fellow FG man. Cheers brother!
    JohnD13 likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Hopefully they will also fit the 1894 PG's??
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Hopefully they will also fit the 1894 PG's??
    Same same.
    M1Riflenut likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links