Marlin Gold Standard Trigger Kit - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Marlin Gold Standard Trigger Kit

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerPointPrecision View Post
    That gives me pause, because despite the fact that we offer a number of high quality parts for Henrys--many of them nearly identical to our Marlin parts--to date Henry owners have spent very little money with us, even after requesting that we make the parts. I don't understand why this is the case. Henry rifles are not cheap, and generally if a guy has a quality piece he's willing to invest a bit in it, but for whatever reason Henry parts remain a tiny fraction of our sales. I can confidently predict that our Marlin trigger kits will sell well, but at this point I am reluctant to spend R&D time/money on Henry parts.

AD
    Adam, that was the best Henry Ad I've seen in years....and I'm saying that from the heart.

Right now, the way Remington is going, I'd place all my bets on manufacturing parts for Marlins, affectionately called Remlins.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Will the trigger be available for the 1895?

Padraig

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
    Will the trigger be available for the 1895?

Padraig
    Yes, all Marlin centerfire lever guns use the same trigger parts regardless of caliber, with the likely exception of pre-war models.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Adam, that was the best Henry Ad I've seen in years....and I'm saying that from the heart.

Right now, the way Remington is going, I'd place all my bets on manufacturing parts for Marlins, affectionately called Remlins.
    Believe me, we will continue to put plenty of energy into the Marlin market, but honestly, "Remlin" quality has neither helped nor hurt our parts business. I'm confident we've sold far more parts to JM owners, and those rifles are unquestionably well made. Marlins owners, as a breed, just seem more comfortable putting a bit of money into their guns, where Henry owners seem reluctant. Just is what it is.
    M1Riflenut and Buffalo Jake like this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerPointPrecision View Post
    I haven't had a close look at a Henry single yet, but given Henry's tradition of, well, copying existing designs, my guess is the single is pretty similar to something like an H&R. Trouble with the H&R is that despite its simple design it's a pill to work on the action. I know a number of 'smiths who won't be bothered with them. While the trigger design would be easy enough to improve, unless the Henry is quite a bit easier to work on, most folks would have to pay a 'smith to install an aftermarket trigger. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but it adds a deterrent to sales.

That gives me pause, because despite the fact that we offer a number of high quality parts for Henrys--many of them nearly identical to our Marlin parts--to date Henry owners have spent very little money with us, even after requesting that we make the parts. I don't understand why this is the case. Henry rifles are not cheap, and generally if a guy has a quality piece he's willing to invest a bit in it, but for whatever reason Henry parts remain a tiny fraction of our sales. I can confidently predict that our Marlin trigger kits will sell well, but at this point I am reluctant to spend R&D time/money on Henry parts.

AD

Understood, Adam.

FWIW, Henry's Single Shot trigger pull ranges from 7lbs to near 9lbs although has a clean crisp break. The hammer pull to cock is very strong as well. I haven't got into the trigger well enough to comment of it's design but researching it I learned a bit about it.

The trigger pull and hammer cock is controlled by two springs, one large diameter and one small diameter within the former and kept inside a tube. Apparently, someone figured out Grainger sells a lighter compression spring that is the same dimension of Henry's larger spring. Changing that spring lowers both the hammer cock and trigger pull to roughly 5 to 6 lbs depending upon your triggers beginning pull weight. Changing the springs takes less than 30 minutes and appears an easy job.

As I understand it, the smaller diameter inner spring ensures the hammer doesn't drop should the rifle drop. By simply removing this smaller spring it lower the trigger pull to around 3lbs.

Grainger's sells the spring as a set of ten springs which you only need one. Regarding the design of Henry's trigger, I haven't evaluated it nor do I know what would involved in R&R. I'm just thinking it may be an opportunity for your wizardry.

I have no idea how many folks eliminate the small spring but Henry's lawyers apparently felt it necessary. I'm not inclined to hunt with the hammer cocked and bought my in 308WIN to finish off my 30 cal bullet offering. I'll remove the small spring for shooting at the bench.

I'll send you the links to what I found, they're short reads and you can further evaluate whether it's a worthy project.

Jack
    Buffalo Jake likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Ok gents, RPP Marlin Gold Standard Trigger Kits are now available on our website!

https://www.rangerpointstore.com/mar...d-trigger-kit/

Here are the bullets:

* Drop in trigger kit reduces trigger pull weight, improves ergos
    * Approx 3.5# with factory hammer spring
    * As low as 2.5# with reduced power hammer spring (included)
    * Enhanced trigger face is .080" is broader, flatter, and mildly serrated for comfort and non-slip
    * Improved trigger angle for a more natural pull
    * Precision cut, nitrided tool steel sear for lifetime durability
    * Eliminates infamous "Marlin trigger flop"
    * Your choice of 3 anodized trigger finishes--black, gold, and brushed (match colors of our loading gates)

Have a great weekend!

AD
    Last edited by RangerPointPrecision; 05-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Riflenut View Post
    Lever's for 1894 pistol grips? Oh my.... I may have to get few. Or 3. Or 4. 
    I already have the claw extractor in all my 1894's. Still need some more loading gates. And now levers too!
    20180128_195402.jpg
    Nice family of Lever rifles you have.
    M1Riflenut likes this.
    Team 45/70 # 1869, Team Browning # 148,Team .444 # 781
    Team 30/30 # 1392,
    Team Shotgun # 124, Team .22 Mag # 175
    Team Wheelguns # 109,
    Team Semi Auto # 73,Team Old Pharts # 378
    Team Rossi 92 .44 Mag 38 Spl/357 Mag. # 83 Team 60 # 477
    Team Henry .22 lr # 134

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I just ordered one with my nickel and dime money!!! Woohooo.... Thanks to Adam, Kimberly and team!
    Last edited by Scorpiusb; 05-10-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    got a gold one headed to VT, saving up for a ss one, thanks Adam, nice product.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    You're very welcome gents. Thank you for honoring us with your continued trust and patronage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links