Recent "improvements" to Remlin 1894s disqualify them - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Recent "improvements" to Remlin 1894s disqualify them

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    "The company, probably in an attempt to address some feeding issues, decided to lop off the lower support tabs on the bolt face. Just so I’m clear, on these bolts the case head is no longer supported underneath, or in the lower left quadrant of the bolt face. In order to trap the case head during extraction, they moved the extractor lower, so it is now substantially below the axis of the firing pin. In this manner the extractor will, theoretically, exert leftward and upward tension on the case head, forcing it up against the remaining upper left support tab.

Trouble is, this doesn’t actually work. The rifles feed smoothly enough, but fail to eject more often than not, because the poorly supported cases just fall of the bolt before they hit the ejector. Or they droop, and the ejector just shoves them against the inside of the receiver below the ejection port. Not good."

i have the same problem, any fixes or do i have a wall hanger?
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

I don't understand why Remington keeps having problems making rifles. Besides Marlins, their poor quality has damaged the resale value of their Remington Line too. I see so many ads on local websites with Remington rifle for sale, and anything that is over $500 is a hard sell. Many used rifles just don't sell. Ironically, the older Remingtons were good rifles, but people are gun shy of Remington. Pun Intended. You cannot get back your reputation once it is ruined anymore than a school kid can get back their Virginity once its gone.

Mike T.
    gunscrewguy, Travlin and Sambane like this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Remington needs to learn to not meddle with 100+ year old technology until they get a firm grasp on the nuances and consequence of every feature of a design.

Thank God they are not in the aircraft industry. Maybe they should build air-bags for the North Korean auto industry - if there is one.

AC

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Remington is now run by greedy people who know nothing about gun or gun production. They pay Time Management "experts" who know less about production and nothing about firearms, to tell upper management how to save on labor cost. It does not work, they should look at other companies who have tried that and failed. Chrysler Corp, Winchester, Sears, K-Mart....the list goes on of major companies that have been almost destroyed by the accountant (or bean counter) type who know nothing about the product to be produced. Don't these people ever look at history?

"Opinionated Texan" Super Moderator
    Member #
    ...and people wonder why we cherish JM's.
    Navajo
    Lever-Action Addict
    Savage 99 fan
    MXLR fan
    Full-Blood Texan

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JBledsoe View Post

Remington is now run by greedy people who know nothing about gun or gun production. They pay Time Management "experts" who know less about production and nothing about firearms, to tell upper management how to save on labor cost. It does not work, they should look at other companies who have tried that and failed. Chrysler Corp, Winchester, Sears, K-Mart....the list goes on of major companies that have been almost destroyed by the accountant (or bean counter) type who know nothing about the product to be produced. Don't these people ever look at history?
    No,they don't study History. They were born in the Matrix,and everything that came before is irrelevant and stupid. Their solutions are SO much better. And if you disagree,well,you're a triggered Baby Boomer.

Why do you get offended when they know SO much more?
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Sidewinder
    Member #
    "I don't understand why Remington keeps having problems making rifles."

It's impossible for any company to make a consistent quality lever action rifle at the low pricing, relative to Winchester and Henry pricing, that Remington is selling Marlin lever actions for. Even if one was unaware of the quality problems Remington is having for it's levers, the pricing alone should have raised a red flag that something is wrong.
    rob42049 likes this.

CLY
    Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemeniguy View Post
    "I don't understand why Remington keeps having problems making rifles."

It's impossible for any company to make a consistent quality lever action rifle at the low pricing, relative to Winchester and Henry pricing, that Remington is selling Marlin lever actions for. Even if one was unaware of the quality problems Remington is having for it's levers, the pricing alone should have raised a red flag that something is wrong.
    I didn't buy the lower price 45-70, but went with the octagon barrel, 1895 CBA, which was around $100 cheaper than the Henry 45-70, also with an octagon barrel. I did add some oil finish to the rather dull looking stock, and did some polishing on the internal action parts. At this point, almost a year later, I really like the looks of the wood, even when comparing to the Henry (which I bought about two months later). The mechanics in both rifles are comparably smooth. Henry was best out of the box. The Henry's wood has more rounding on the edges, where it butts up to the tangs, but Marlin/Remington did a good job of metal to wood fit. Much better, than some previous examples I had seen. Accuracy and function wise, both the Marlin/Remington & Henry do very well, considering they're levers. They've never missed a beat, when it comes to loading, firing, or ejection..........with an exception of one bad primer and many hundred of rounds through each.
    Golphin likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links