Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Prayers for an old Army bud......

2K views 34 replies 30 participants last post by  Ret_Eng 
#1 ·
I would like to request prayers for an old Army buddy of mine and his family. His name was Edward Gardner and I have known him since our time together as Engineer buck sergeants at Fort Leonard Wood, MO back in 1989. He passed away suddenly at his Warrenton, VA farm last night. He was found on the floor by his wife Marlene after returning home from shopping. She is a retired USAF nurse and performed CPR but couldn't get a response. Local ambulance personnel didn't have any better luck and Ed was transported to the local hospital where he was pronounced dead late last night. Ed and I did a lot of range time together on his farm--him making fun of my Marlins and me joking over his pre-ban ChiCom AK. I will really miss him--he got me back into reloading again four years ago and was trying to get me into casting. Ed retired as a CW3 and was a US Army Geospatial Engineer for 24 years and did deployed stints in Iraq and Kosovo. He also deployed to Afghanistan as a DoD contractor several times during the past decade. I will really miss you Ed---Essayons! (US Army Engineer moto--"Let us Try")

#8 ·
Sorry to hear of the sudden passing of your pal, cherish the memories of the good times you spent together.

Reactions: Ret_Eng
#24 ·
Prayers sent

Reactions: Ret_Eng
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.