Alaska Pictures random

101K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
Mountainous landforms Mountain Mountain range Wilderness Nature reserve
Meat Sausage Cuisine Sujuk Food
Mammal Brown bear Vertebrate Grizzly bear Bear
Coregonus lavaretus Fish
Mountain Sound Mountain range Marine mammal Lake

Random pictures i have from living here. Most done with either a 39.00 Kodak or my Ipad.

See less See more
#545 ·
Swan Natural landscape Sky Nature Water
Snow birds (swan in this) resting on their way south.

#546 ·
Beautiful pictures and State. You are very fortunate to live there. I feel Alaska is the prettiest state in the Union. Thanks for sharing with us.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

#547 ·
444gunslinger - Thank you from all the posters of pics here. I do feel it is, at very least, the most beautiful state for me and do consider it fine gift to live here. Glad you are enjoying the posts. I like how many are really starting to contribute to the thread.

#548 ·
Play Recreation
another sign of fall but in northwest Alaska, Ugruk or bearded seal becoming hide, claws for a seal stratcher tool (used for approaching them), dried meat for dip, soup and making mixed dish. The guts will be cleaned for many uses, coats, crafts, soup, etc. and the stomach cleaned for storage, and much more. Not much left when put away. Blue tarps are everywhere in Alaska. The hanging racks are placed by rivers or coast for a breeze for better drying. Sometimes fish nets are hung around to help keep the birds out.

#550 · (Edited)
Text Material property Font Label
this is in the non-fiction as a report by the Reindeer Superintendent and Commissioner of Education to Washington DC. Reindeer herding is ongoing in western Alaska. In the last few years the next generation is moving to improve breeding stock, provide more active management, modernize facilities and participate in reindeer research of diet, range recovery strategies, improving fawn survival and much more. I am impressed with all the work and thought to move Rudolph and friends into the next phase of reindeer herding.

#552 · (Edited)
The fish wheel process...

Push fish wheel into current and start operation.....

Water Vehicle River Dock

Go lounge in camp... have a few brewskis.

Vehicle Water Car Highland Geological phenomenon

Return and remove fish from bins...

Recreation Fisherman River Bayou Fishing

Lay out fish for vanity photo shot....

Recreation Duck Fish Recreational fishing Fish

Make your buddy clean the fish....

Recreation Ice Fish Sound

Repeat until limit is reached.

#557 ·
Natural landscape Water Nature Tree Natural environment
Seward has turned fall colors.

#561 ·
Downtown Juneau during cruiseship tourist season. We may have up to 5 of the big cruiseships, which is about 25,000 folks in crew and tourists. Considering that Juneau is only about 33,000 residents ....

Water transportation Vehicle Boat Ferry Ship
Seaplane Airplane Vehicle Aircraft Water transportation

#562 ·
Next time you need to shovel snow in your driveway, ask to use this old train from the Yukon & Whitepass Rail Road, Skagway, AK.

Transport Vehicle Wheel Auto part Rural area

#563 ·
During one military base inspection, I pulled up at the front gate to Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage Ak to get my base pass and had to wait for this guy to get his pass and move on ...

Windshield Wildlife Tree Road Deer

#564 ·
Body of water Sky Sea Water Coast
Beluga Point south of Anchorage on the Seward Highway. Taken by a friend.

#565 ·
Nature Nature reserve Wildlife Natural landscape Leaf
friend on the coastal trail was taking a visitor...perfect tourist moment in both seeing them and all safely going on their way.

#569 ·
Mountainous landforms Mountain Mountain range Highland Sky
Yes, Alaska has a few glaciers.

#570 ·
Mountainous landforms Mountain Wilderness Nature Mountain range
nice fall day for a scenic drive up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.