What found me
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: What found me

Contributing Member
    Member #

What found me

I came to my property onLake Russel in SC, to drop off appliances for my build. I decided to drown some worms while I was there.
    As I was getting my fishing rod out of the truck, this little female beagle mix nosed my leg. I never saw her come towards means I nearly jumped out of my skin. The dog is absolute skin and bones and is flea ridden. The nearest house to my property is just over one mile away. The dogs condition tells me that it has been on its own for a long time.
    I fed it a cookie, as that was all I had on me and I don't think the dog even tasted it. It was gone in a blink of an eye.
    Now, being that I have a soft spot in my heart for animals, I took the pup with me when I left. After a stop at Target for dog food, bowels, a collar and leash and flea shampoo, I gave the poor thing a bath and more fleas than I could count came off of her.
    She has been fed a small amount of dog food, drank some fresh water and is now hunkered down in the pillows.
    My wife will be surprised when I show up with this dog.
    Could anyone answer this question? What the hell is wrong with people, that they just abandon a dog in the middle of nowhere? There are numerous shelters to take an unwanted dog to.
    IMG_0283.JPG
    Andrew
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Good for you to take her in. She has a sweet face. She’ll be the best companion ever.
    -Kendawg

Team Wheelguns #73, Team Remington 700 #63, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #135, Team Winchester #131, Team 1894 #515

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    You did good.
    A man after my own heart.
    My Avatar is in Honor of my Great-Great Grandfather, Brig/Gen Dudley M. DuBose.
    Flag is the Sole surviving Battle Flag of the 15th Ga Infantry Regt..
    Commandant (Col.) 1861-63

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Pretty little girl. You'll have a friend for life. Thank you for saving her!!!

T.S.
    NRA Endowment Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Firearms Accumulator, Native Texan, Team 99 #29

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Good for you. Some people are just idiots. I’ve had to re-home dogs in the past for differing reasons, but I would never abandon one like that.
    Team 39 #474, Team 60 #445, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #163, Team 22 Magnum #172
    Team Glenfield #85, Team 30-30 #1370, Team 32 Special #162, Team 35 #749,
    Team 444 ​#761, Team 45/70 #1831, ​Team Marlin Express

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    fine looking hound

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Hey Lawrence - 'cause it found YOU and not some uncaring person, that's one LUCKY DOG!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alawrence View Post
    I came to my property onLake Russel in SC, to drop off appliances for my build. I decided to drown some worms while I was there.
    As I was getting my fishing rod out of the truck, this little female beagle mix nosed my leg. I never saw her come towards means I nearly jumped out of my skin. The dog is absolute skin and bones and is flea ridden. The nearest house to my property is just over one mile away. The dogs condition tells me that it has been on its own for a long time.
    I fed it a cookie, as that was all I had on me and I don't think the dog even tasted it. It was gone in a blink of an eye.
    Now, being that I have a soft spot in my heart for animals, I took the pup with me when I left. After a stop at Target for dog food, bowels, a collar and leash and flea shampoo, I gave the poor thing a bath and more fleas than I could count came off of her.
    She has been fed a small amount of dog food, drank some fresh water and is now hunkered down in the pillows.
    My wife will be surprised when I show up with this dog.
    Could anyone answer this question? What the hell is wrong with people, that they just abandon a dog in the middle of nowhere? There are numerous shelters to take an unwanted dog to.
    IMG_0283.JPG
    Andrew

I know a Marine Drill Sergeant that told me something once that stuck. Some of those that passed through his Boot Camps should not be allowed to breed. I put those that do not take care of animals in the same bucket, ignorant scum of the earth.

I would get her wormed as soon as you can with all of those fleas. I hope she makes it through the recover without lasting physical damage.
    Last edited by PoopDeckPappy; 10-14-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    PDP aka: Pappy
    My Favorites: 22 Hornet and all wildcats, 28-30 Stevens, 32-20 and all wildcats, plus every hyphenated rifle cartridge I have shot.
    Team: "Old Pharts" #348,
    Team Winchester #145

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Lucky dog.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Andrew, well done, Gareth.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links