A Thread for Our Pets That Are Still With Us
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: A Thread for Our Pets That Are Still With Us

Sidewinder
    Member #

A Thread for Our Pets That Are Still With Us

I thought this sub-forum should include a thread or two for our beloved pets that have not yet passed. So many are in tribute to our loved ones that have passed, which is right and appropriate, but how about those still with us that give us love and comfort?

Our Mac - a 29 year old Quarterhorse - is why we ever came to our farm, and why we ever knew my greatest love, Fi. Were it not for him, we would have never bought this farm and all the blessings that entailed. Were it not for him and his life-threatening injury that day, I might have traveled into to work and possibly been at a meeting in the Pentagon on 9/11 at the point of impact - where I lost a very good friend on that fateful day whom I might have been sitting next to when the unthinkable happened. He perished, I survived. One can chalk it up to fate and/or luck, but I see it deeper than that.

Our Mac brought about many great things in our life: buying this farm so dear to us - for him, his pasture pal (Hawk), the obligatory barn cats (Spooky and Smokey - loving by their own right), and most importantly the inclusion of our Fi and Scruffy: the two most loving pooches in my life. Were it not for Mac, none of this would have happened.

Fi and Scruffy are since gone - physically - but Mac, Hawk, and our two kitties are here - shadows of God's love and why we had a most wonderful life together, on this farm we would have never known were it not for Mac.

Our love for our critters extends beyond their current life. They characterize our lives,

So From Mac brought us this farm, and with that his Pasture Pal Hawk, our two pooches Fi and Scruffy, and eventually our barn cats Spooky and Smokey. Fi and Scruffy are no longer physically here (but most certainly with us spiritually). All others are a compilation of God's love that will bring further love.

So, how about our beloved pets that haven't passed, that give us love...
    Last edited by RJF22553; 04-29-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    This little guy is full of mischief! We got him at 10 weeks of age and he's just turned 7 months. He is a chewing, squirming, fuzzy ball of teeth when he's excited. When he's worn down he's quite charming. He's supposed to be a Toy Poodle, my wife says he's possessed. He follows me every step I take and is right up in my lap when I stop and sit down. He's done stole my heart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kraynky; 04-24-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Team 444 Marlin - 1970 Centennial
    Team 22 Magnum - # 42 Marlin 57M
    Team 30-30 - # 897 1989 Marlin 30TK
    Team 35 - #501 1978 336

Banned
    Member #
    Our sweet girl Katie. She is showing her age these days but is and has been a great dog. We got her from a rescue so not sure the exact age but we have had her about 12 years and I think she was about 2 then. She was singing when I took this picture.

Katie.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Golphin View Post
    Our sweet girl Katie. She is showing her age these days but is and has been a great dog. We got her from a rescue so not sure the exact age but we have had her about 12 years and I think she was about 2 then. She was singing when I took this picture.

Katie.jpg
    Best kind of dog. they know you saved them. loyal. I miss mine everyday.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Have had my two babies by my side constantly since I brought them home in '05.

Here's little Mancha (Manchita)
    11222992_10153012623494135_1412398222706606897_o.jpg

Here's a younger action-shot showcasing Brizzy's jumping abilities (back then)
    gary-001 - CROPD.jpg

Here's my little toughie now...
    She can still get with it decent in terms of running after a ball. And jumping up into the truck. But her magic hops of before are definitely just a memory now.
    She's a sweet girl, but she's quick to let any of 'em know to back off if they start getting too fresh or pushy with her. In that regard she's a cranky old lady
    WP_20181020_002.jpg

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    My best friend Bo. In his nightly spot, laying beside me snoozing in the recliner!

NRA Life/Endowment
    1968 336
    1972 Texan
    God bless our troops! Thanks to all that serve or have served!

Wrangler
    Member #
    toby with a few gifts for me and hanging out.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    We're down to one dog but up to three cats -- all rescues.

Her dog is a "Zoodle" -- {BAN ME}z Shu/Poodle cross, all of 22 pounds. Made her a ramp so she could climb up on the bed since she has determined that is her place at night. LOML comes home dog does a full dance and bounce routine until they go outside. Once she's taken care of "business" they come back inside for a carrot treat. She wouldn't have much to do with me at first (got her when she was 2) but now she watches me get ready for bed and as soon as I pull on my CPAP and lay down she lays down exactly where my had will go and waits (NOT patiently) for a belly scratch. If my hand stops her paw starts patting it until I resume.

Then there's the three cats. Senior is "Harley" who a friend in the country found as a kitten sitting on top of her lawnmower to keep away from their small but noisy dogs. Another friend said she'd take him but her other cat refused to accept him and he came back. Got his from his purr which you can hear across the room.

Then she volunteered at the Animal Shelter. Someone brought in a handful of a black kitten, didn't even have his eyes open. The staff acted like they were just going to let him quietly die so she got the bottle and formula and he came home with her. Turns out he's got a lot of Main Coon in his linage -- he's huge.

Third is
    Gabby, a gray female that our second son asked us to take care of when a friend and his wife separated. (She took HIS dog and left him HER cat which he didn't like)

Speaking of "gifts" -- Rocky came in all proud of himself and presented LOML with a live 18" garter snake. I swept it out the door and he looked rather disappointed he couldn't find it.

Gabby also presented her with a mouse a couple of days ago -- LOML heard Gabby griping about something and checked and she had the mouse. From LOML's description of the way Gabby was sounding it was like she was lecturing the mouse about coming into her house.

Mouse didn't care at that point.

We used to have 4 horses that she used in a Therapeutic Riding Program (she's a Special Ed teacher) but they're all gone. I thought I was through building hot fence when I left the farm when I got married but didn't realize how much she like horses
    Wild Turkey

Marlin 39A Mountie, 1960
    Marlin 336 TEXAN .35 Rem, 1960
    CMP Springfield Armory M1 Garand, 1943

Wrangler
    Member #
    toby,s favorite buffet, and he likes snakes too and on watch for the local dog he likes to devil and his favorite head scather.

Wrangler
    Member #
    This was taken in 2010.
    Chinchillas live a very long time.

This is Winston Chinchill.
    He is posing with the kitchen table that he ate.
    2010.02.07-chins-50.sfw.jpg
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Stoeger coach gun

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links