Unexpected Find
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Find

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Unexpected Find

Today while working .. ( I monitor lots for illegal parked cars ) heard a cat bawling.. took two of us a while to find it huddled up in a wheel well of a car.. Temp was in the teens and it's about 8 weeks old..

I sure didn't need this ,, but yes it's at my place for now .. unless I can find the owner.. I guess it will be an addition to my place.

Had the feline leukemia test done and negative.. so far so good.. started worm and parasite treatment too.. just to be safe.. ..

I just couldn't walk away..

Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Deadeye
    Member #

Re: Unexpected Find

Gj, you must be an old softy... At least you were there to find it and give it a good home.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Yep I am that when it comes to animals that can't protect themselves .. .. I would do without for me to care for them..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Gunjunkie, Over the years I must have picked up about 9 kittens and 2 dogs who had no home.I too am a softee and Brian in FL as well. Hope you have luck with the striated (tiger) pattern cat. The last one I had with that pattern lasted a long time and wanted much attention.

Distinguished Master
    Member #

GJ, if you was to train that one to hunt squirrels, it could climb up the tree after 'em.

It would have followed me home too...
    Marlins in 44-40. Whacking varmits since 1888

Team 44-40
    Team 1894

Deadeye
    Member #

Rescue animals are usually the most grateful to their owners.

Ya did good.
    "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt."

Site Contributor Super Moderator
    Member #

Hahaha, that kitty is ridiculously cute, GJ. Good on ya for caring for it for now.
    "If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Team .45-70 #191
    Team .35 Rem #468
    Team .30-30 #75
    Team Mosin-Nagant #51

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #

Very last cat that owned me, was a cat that was near dead from being left to it's own near a car in the winter, it climbed up into the radiator shroud on my sister in laws 67 Malibu, a howl after starting made her get out and inspect.

The cat had a slice on it's head taking out an ear and eye, a slice on it's back breaking it, several other slices and another broken vertabrae in the back, it's tail busted in three places and three inches missing, left hind leg cut and broken.

She brought it to me to put down, I was doing leatherwork at the time and was hand stitching a knife sheath, told her to remove the cat and blanket it was on and put it in my lap. How that cat sat still I still wonder at but I sewed it up using a simple stitch with the same needle and thread for the leather. I mopped it down with iodine after I was done. Put it back in the box, took it to my barn and set it in the chick heater with only one bulb to keep it warm. The next day it seemed alert but not mobile at all, I fed it some and inspected it's wounds. In a week it was up and walking albeit sideways it's back looking like an ess curve.

Soon it was healed enough to remove the threads and then moved into the house, maybe not the best name in the world but "Frankie" aka Frankenstein, came along nicely and was so ugly he was loved by all, and was soon adopted by a close friend.

In retrospect I could have easily shot the cat and buried him, and why it lived with so much wrong with it and it was sure ugly with all the scars and a deformed back and one ear and one eye. That cat loved all and was given more back than any normal cat I've ever known.

Bottom line, I'm a dog person, I don't hate cats but some things just need doing.

GJ, you have one of them things that just needs doing, thank you from all of us who care around the world, I'm sure you will be rewarded with your free kittens love for many years.

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Well.. most think I am nuts with the situation I'm in.. but like I had no choice.. would like to find it a home..but then again who do you fully trust..

he is playful and quiet.. Have him in large dog carrier to keep him seperate till I get all the doctoring done on him .. I get him out every few hrs and play with him .. ..
    Gunjunkie..

Drivin my life away... Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Its hard to pass up a cute fuzzball...be it canine or feline.

My dog Gypsy was a stray that I picked up at a rest area near Ashville, NC...some sort of German Shepard mix, she's a darn good squirrel dog. Its pretty amusing to watch her, after the squirrel goes up a tree...she follows it from tree to tree while walking on her hind legs.

And we have 2 cats...1 inside and 1 outside.

The inside cat is pretty much useless except for a lap warmer...he's too fat to move fast enough to catch a mouse, he does try though and he sounds like a herd of buffalo running through the house when he does. His favorite past time is flushing the toilet (usually at night)...now if we could only get him to use it we'd be doing good.

The outside cat is useful...he'll catch anything from bullfrogs to rabbits. Every now and then he leaves one by the door for us...but he usually eats them. He doesn't like being inside the house, he comes in every now and then but after a few minutes of petting he's wanting back outside.
    Links to forums NOT owned by VS is NOT allowed!!
    Admin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links