My best friend.

Thread: My best friend.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

My best friend.

I posted this in a different forum on MO but just found the PET area so thought I would put it here also. My 2 best friends are my Lab and GSP. The GSP I am closer to.

The dog in the picture is my best friend. His name is Taz and he is a German Short Haired Pointer. I have a few pics I'll post. He is a better retriever than my Lab, will swim to retrieve a duck or dove. (he looks funny as heck while swimming but he gets the job done) He sleeps in the bed at night with my wife and I and has the best temperment I have ever seen in a hunting dog. The best part is that he is a natural. I taught him to retrieve but his work ethic and pointing ability is inherited.

On a dove hunt last year we got into a bunch of Eurasian collared dove (no limit) Before I finally limited I had 15 white wings and mouring dove and about the same amount of collared doves. He retrieved every one and a good portion he had to swim for. After I limit he is always willing to help out my buddies by retrieving for them. It drives them crazy because he doesnt come to anyone but me so they have to come get thier birds.

One funny story: His first year out he kept retrieving birds for me. The problem was he brought me twice as many as I shot. We were in mesquite bushes and couldnt see the other hunters. I couldnt figure out where he was getting all these birds until a guy walked over to me and asked for his birds back! Oh well, a guy has to limit some how. He laughed about it. He couldnt figure out where his birds were going until he caught a glimpse of Taz and folowed him to me.

Here is Taz swimming in the Rio Grande after a dove hunt, the desert pictures I was hunting dove at a stock tank.

1-20-2013......... No more OBAMA

Marlins: 336- 30 30; 1895M-450 Marlin; 7000- 22 ; 917- 17 HMR

LT
    Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: My best friend.

Fine lookin pups.... not too many things in life better than a good dog!

I got a couple of coonhounds.... a bluetick and a redbone. They're not used for hunting, but they're the best critter/pest control I've ever had.
    Team 35 Member #3

Deadeye
    Member #

Here's my new hunting partner. She's 9 weeks now. Hope to have her trained and ready by middle of our next upland bird season.
    ... the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Looks like he's a good guard dog, too. He's guarding the hell out of that Miller Light!
    There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption; into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links