Anyone Interested in a Lever Gun Only Hunt In Namibia Africa?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Anyone Interested in a Lever Gun Only Hunt In Namibia Africa?

Sidewinder
    Member #

Anyone Interested in a Lever Gun Only Hunt In Namibia Africa?

Been a while since I've posted anything on the board. Still been checking in from time to time though. To the point of the subject line......

Was going through the safe the other day just cleaning and wiping everything down and got to thinking it would be fun to go back again this year with a couple of guys for a 10-day lever gun only plains game hunt.

Been going to Namibia at least once a year for the past 10-years. Same place, Sebra Hunting Safaris - http://www.sebrahunt.com/
    In fact the first time I went there was with my Marlin 1895 SS in 45/70 and a Ruger #1 in 45/70 and had a great time. If you go to their web site, I'm the goof ball with the pretty girl in the upper left corner photo of the gemsbok. The 1895 Marlin in the foreground belongs to my wife (don't tell the pretty girl in the photo) That was her first ever "kill".

Would be a great opportunity because my friend still has some dates open this Aug and Sept. Even better, because of these openings, he's offering a 25% discount on his 2018 daily rates. Makes that about $265 a day on a 1x1 hunt and $210 a day if two or more go. Can handle up to four hunters at a time. Our group would be the only ones on the property (50K low fence acres) for the duration of the trip.

Just tossing this out and if anyone is interested PM or public post to this and I'll start filling in details.
    Last edited by m3taco; 02-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Deadeye
    Member #
    that would be nice, but I can't begin to afford it...
    94win30wcf likes this.
    Merle1
    Team Mauser # 18
    Team 32 Special # 106
    Team 35 Remington # 586
    Team 39 # 252

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Wish I could, we have a family trip planned this year and my youngest is going to be headed to college in the Fall.
    Team 39 #474, Team 60 #445, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #163, Team 22 Magnum #172
    Team Glenfield #85, Team 30-30 #1370, Team 32 Special #162, Team 35 #749, Team 444 ​#761
    Team 45/70 #1831, ​Team Marlin Express

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Sounds interesting. Will the “pretty girl” be along as well ?

but seriously, what are the additional charges if you shoot an animal?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    That sounds totally awesome, but I've just committed to a NZ stag hunt for March of 2020. Not enough moolah to do 2 hunts like that in 7 or 8 months (well, there actually is, but I'm sure my loving bride would probably shoot me with one of my own guns if I tried to do that).
    "If you can remember all of the guns you own, you don't have enough." -- Me

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -- Col. Townsend Whelen

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Hahahahah - I can't keep her away! Funny thing is she was always a "city girl". Never was around firearms, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping etc when we met 13-years ago. First year we went, 2008, she didn't have a rifle but still was out with us every day and loved it. We booked to go back the following year before we left. On the flight back she asked if I though she could hunt the next year. I said ABSOLUTELY! Got her to the range and started on a 22, moved up to a 308 and then light loaded 45/70. I will tell you - SHE IS DEADLY. For Christmas that year, I got her the Marlin in the pic. 3rd day in, she and Jan go down off a kopje and I stay put and watch through the binos. They put on a great stalk and close to 130yds and "one shot - one kill" and she is absolutely HOOKED. In addition to the Marlin, she now has her own 308, custom fit Siamese Mauser in 45/70 and a Ruger Alaskan in 375 Ruger. She's even pulled the trigger on Jan's 500 Jeffery - not once but THREE TIMES AND ASKED FOR MORE! Unfortunately, Jan was out of rounds. In 2017 we were over culling in a neighboring farm due the extended drought. She was making head shots out to 250 yds on zebra, hartebeest, gemsbok and blue wildebeest and we took a bunch of animals. So, I am sure if the "guys" all agree, she will gladly come along!

I've attached a copy of his 2018 price list and details. Remember to take $25% off the daily rate listed if we book by 1 Apr. We don't have to do the hunt by then, just book and confirm with a deposit. I've been there every month from Apr to mid Oct and Aug-Sep are the best weather/temp wise.

I'll work up an example cost breakdown for a "typical" 10-day trip.

I just helped a friend who has been there a couple of times book airline tickets for he and his son for this July and got him tickets for just under $1500 r/t.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by m3taco; 02-05-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Sgt Zim - Just bring her along!!

We didn't go to Namibia last year (2017) we did an Australian water buffalo cull hunt. 30+ buff in 5 days. Mostly all head shots with 375's and Anila took nearly 1/2 of them!!
    Last edited by m3taco; 02-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    sgt_zim and Pereira like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    The best things about Namibia are:

1. Very safe! We've rented cars and have driven all over the place either before or after hunting there - no issues and no worries.

2. Non-malaria area so no special shots or vaccinations required. I do recommend you at least update your tetanus shot because it's like that ol' John Wayne move with Catherine Hepburn, "Rooster Cogburn", "Remember sister, everything out there will either bite ya, stab ya or stick ya".

3. Not a "shared" camp. He only books between 6-8 hunts a season and our group would be the ONLY ones on the property.

4. The terrain, flora and fauna are great if you want to "hunt" and "stalk". If you're a good "hunter" typical shots can be under 125yds. We've even been able to work up to withing 25yds without getting busted. If you want to bring an extra rifle for trying some long range baboon shooting can do that too.

5. The country and people are VERY hunter friendly and it is VERY easy to get firearms and ammo in/out.
    Last edited by m3taco; 02-05-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Nice of you to make the offer and sounds great, but with my finances the way they are, I'll just have to re-read my Hemmingway, Ruark and Capstick books.
    cajun56 and Pereira like this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member, SASS, OGCA, NC Watermen United
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell
    "Corruptissima in republica plurimae leges."--Tacitus
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    OK - just put together a quick example of a "typical" hunt. I've got the airfare a little higher than what I've found for my friend for this July - <$1500.00 r/t and what I've been looking at for Anila and I for this Aug-Sep, same $1500 or so.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    turbobug and cajun56 like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links