Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Trumpeter
  • 1 Post By missionary5155
  • 1 Post By pisgah

Thread: Weaver Rail, Quick Disconnect?

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Weaver Rail, Quick Disconnect?

Hi, I have a '06 1895 XLR with the Weaver rail on top. I want to use a quick disconnect mount for my 1" Burris 2-7xscope, so I can try a red dot as well. Any ideas?

Steve
    rclint likes this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Good morning
    Most "scope Ring makers" have "lever models" that remove fast from the rails and return to zero upon re-installation. They are not cheap but work well.
    rclint likes this.
    Mike in Peru God Bless you.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Well, regular ol' Weaver rings are not "instant disconnect", but they are quick as long as you have a quarter handy to use as a screwdriver. I have used them in that fashion for decades. Zero shift is minimal as long as you are consistent in your re-tightening upon replacement.
    rclint likes this.
    Pisgah
    ------------------
    "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:8

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Another thing you can do with the weaver type base/rings is when mounting the scope push the ring forward until the cross bolt screw in the ring registers on the base firmly for the front ring, on the rear ring I have done it two ways both with good results. The first is to repeat the above, but I prefer pushing the rear cross bolt ring screw to the rear of the gun t register off the base... I know there are a lot of quick attach scope rings, and bases, but Weaver rings/bases generally handle this with no problem, or extra money spent... some of them have the oversized thumb/knurled type cross bolt screws, but my preference is a simple allen or torque head screw... remember leave the scope mounted in the rings when removing.

The drawback to the quick attach style rings/bases is even with the scope removed the base mounted on top of the receiver can block the view, or partially block the view of iron sights. I have not been impressed with most quick attach rings/bases with the handles they are bad to snag/hang, and they are usually expensive as well.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links