$200 Rimfire Scope?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: $200 Rimfire Scope?

Tenderfoot
    Member #

$200 Rimfire Scope?

As the title says, I'm looking for a budget rimfire scope. Target turrets not a requirement, neither is a special reticle. I mainly shoot this rifle in the backyard 80 yard rimfire range. The Vortex Viper has attracted my attention, but it's price very high.
    I'd like to hear any suggestions.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Well, I do use a Vortex Viper on a .22 match rifle where we are shooting at flies & ant size targets, but for the use you describe I have a couple of .22s with $75 Walmart Center Points on them that work just fine!
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I have like my Bushnell Rimfire scope I really like. The scope cost me about $100 has target turrets and has a side focus that is easy to use.
    Merle1, flatsneck and gunscrewguy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Have you looked at Leupold;s VX-Freedom Rimfire scopes? They have two. One is 3-9X40mm and the other is 2-7X33mm. The big retailers carry them for about $230 and $200 respectively. But if you look at the auction sites you can get the 2-7X for $180 and the 3-9X for $200. You can't go wrong with a Leupold scope and the lifetime warranty.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I use a Bushnell Sportview 4X on my Model 25N. It has been used on this rifle for 25 years and has always held zero. You could find them cheap on EBay or at gun shows. Another choice is the Jap made Tascos.
    Andrew
    EdinCT and Lever Jac like this.
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jbawh1 View Post
    As the title says, I'm looking for a budget rimfire scope. Target turrets not a requirement, neither is a special reticle. I mainly shoot this rifle in the backyard 80 yard rimfire range. The Vortex Viper has attracted my attention, but it's price very high.
    I'd like to hear any suggestions.
    jbawh1,

For less than 100 yards with a 22 lr, it would be hard to beat a variable 2.5x-7. Natchezss has the Weaver with a 32mm objective, which is not overkill on scope size relative to the rifle. $70. The Tasco 3x-9 32mm objective and 22 groove mount rings. $45.

Hope this helps.
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    PDP aka: Pappy
    My Favorites: 22 Hornet and all wildcats, 28-30 Stevens, 32-20 and all wildcats, plus all hyphenated rifle cartridges
    Team: "Old Pharts" #348,
    Team Winchester #145

Deadeye
    Member #
    I have a Simmons 3x9x40 on mine. It works great and was under $100. With a rifle that has such little recoil...most lower end 22 scopes will work fine out to 100 yards.

redhawk
    The only stupid question...is the unasked one.

Not all who wander....are lost.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I will have to say I have started to become a fan of Vortex scopes. I recently purchased a Vortex crossfire II 2.5 - 7 X 32 for under $150.00 for a stock 1022 plinker setup..

EXCELLENT quality for the money and I will highly recommend them. and about to get another for another setup.

They have really nice turrets under the covers. nice, crisp glass and a nice overall size.

Im seeing them all over the place from the big retailers for around the $129.00 mark.
    Team 60 #186
    Team 30-30 #987
    Team Semi-Auto #34
    Team 45/70 #1801
    Team Wheel Guns #100

If its stuck...WD40.... If its loose, Duct tape...

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Invest in a scope in direct proportion to how well you want to be able to see through it.

Optics are extremely difficult to evaluate in the store, and that's if you can even find a store that has the ones you want.

All optics look pretty good in the store and at the range. I've had the situation where at the end of the day, I couldn't see the deer in my old steel tube Weaver V4.5, even though I could clearly see them through my binoculars and with my naked eyes. I passed on that shot.
    gunscrewguy and Grenadier like this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member, SASS, OGCA, NC Watermen United
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell
    "Corruptissima in republica plurimae leges."--Tacitus
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I was in the same boat as you, I settled on a nikon buckmaster 3-9x40 and love it, its clear even on high mag, has BDC, was easy to zero in, and the one time I have taken it out and tried it I instantly fell in love with it, and was with in my budget at 129 bucks. Acadameny if you have one around sells them as well as walmart.
    marlinluvr, drinva and capt greg like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links