Question about dual crosshairs

Tinhorn
    Member #

I have two old Weaver K2.5s. One has two horizontal crosshairs. The upper crosshair is the same thickness as the vertical crosshair. The lower horizontal cross hair is finer.

I seem to remember that the second crosshair serves as some kind of rangefinder but it's been a long time. Something about fitting a deer's body between the two crosshairs??

Could someone give me some more information about the two crosshairs and their proper use?

Thanks!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

That space between the wires should represent 18" at 100 yds. Weaver called it the Range-finder reticle. With a little work on targets at the range, you can set the upper cross wire for zero at a certain range, and use the lower "cross-hair" for a further distance, eg- 60 and 100 yds depending on the trajectory of your load. Best to work this out with targets, and get it memorized before hunting. The K 2.5's are nice little scopes.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "If you are under 25, and not a Liberal, you have no heart. If you are over 25, and not a Conservative, you have no brain."

-Winston S. Churchill

Tinhorn
    Member #

Re: Question about dual crosshairs

Doc, thanks for the information. My memory wasn't too bad. I found the scopes on eBay and plan to install them on my 1894 and .444. At the ranges I plan on shooting, 2.5 is enough magnification and the small objective will allow low mounting. The dual crosshairs have some interesting possibilities - gonna have to see what I can come up with.

James

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links