NRA fees
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: NRA fees

Tenderfoot
    Member #

NRA fees

I was looking to see if this is posted somewhere else on the Marlin Owners forum but I couldn’t find it. So, i guess here is a good start for location.

D4062600-C2B4-4BE6-8E8A-9AB1BF5DBD91.png

In in case you are wondering, this is a screen shot from the NRA competitor web. I was checking my classifications and for silhouette classifications, a $15 annual fee is now required. I know they’re working to save our second amendment rights, but is this another money grab? I could understand it from both sides, but I’ve read a bit on the mismanagement of funds at the NRA following Oliver North’s departure. If the NRA house was in order, then I could be convinced to donate, but isn’t that what we pay dues for? Are we being forced to pay for our classifications so that the upper management can maintain their lavish perks? I’m a little P.O.’d about this and will probably just keep the classification cards I have regardless of how I improve over the years.
    336 Fan, cajun56, wreagan and 5 others like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Although still a member and will consider it at renewal time, I have since joined both the GOA and the VCDL.

They ask for less and seem to do more.
    Member:
    -NRA
    -GOA
    -VCDL

Platinum Poster
    Member #

myself!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Emmett those are very valid questions. I too am also perturb / confused by upper management spending at the NRA and the lack of transparency.
    I am a Life member and don't plan on quitting. Good or bad they are still the biggest dog on the block. With all that said last year I became a life member of GOA and SAF organizations. I also joined TFA (TN Firearms owners Association).
    I still donate some to the NRA but it is less than years past. GOA & SAF are getting donations. We need to grow these other pro 2A groups. I have to think if the GOA & SAF both had several million members the NRA might be more willing to listen to everyday members like you and I.
    A friend of mine from Kentucky called me the other day. NRA is going to have their annual meeting this year in Nashville. We are planing on going. I went to one back in 2008 in Louisville and had a great time. This time I'm going to try to find some NRA representatives that might be willing to listen to everyday folks.
    Good luck with your shooting.
    336 Fan, Pereira, BubbaJon and 5 others like this.
    WLR in E TN

Proud to be called "Papaw, Redneck, Hillbilly, Infidel, Fanatic, Patriot, Southern"
    Benefactor Member

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    The way I see it all of that $$$ is so king wayne can have his mega bucks salary and expense account etc. I read somewhere that he is getting 900g's. I have been a life member for over forty years but can't and will not give any more to the N.R.A. You folks in Va., what are they doing to help you?

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Im staying in! Cuomo would love to see the NRA go. so he can KMA.
    336 Fan, Golphin, JohnD13 and 5 others like this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    40+ year member. Not getting another cent until they specifically address and explain the charges of wasteful spending.
    336 Fan, OLSKOOL, JohnD13 and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The way I see it the NRA's biggest success is become the demon that all the libs point to.
    Regardless of how unfair and untrue it is they have been successfully stained and demonized beyond repair.
    This affects their usefulness and effectiveness in the political arena.
    The GOA has stepped in as our most effective advocates because they have NOT been demonized yet and focus entirely on the political and judicial threats to our rights.
    Eric Pratt also does not live a lavish lifestyle and is intimately involved with the machinations of his organization.
    Contrast that with LaPierre who dresses and acts like a mogul while depending on people like Dana Loesch to do PR battle for him.
    Aside from preaching to the faithful what does LaPierre do exactly?
    Then we have scandals like NRA funds used to put up a mistress under the guise of business.
    GOA hires lobbyists to tweak the ears of the state legislatures. They do a fine job of rallying the troops and getting the legislators to listen.
    My guess on additional fees and such is the NRA has been successfully blackballed by activists who scream and hold their breath until support is removed.
    That leaves the members to take up the slack because God forbid LaPierre take a step back from suits that cost more than a good used vehicle.
    Maybe it's time for the NRA to go back to their roots.
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
    George Orwell

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    I dropped them years ago! all they ever did was call and harass me for money. they do nothing for our rights anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth,,mike Tyson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OLSKOOL View Post
    I dropped them years ago! all they ever did was call and harass me for money. they do nothing for our rights anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    To be honest GOA can send out some pretty hysterical gloom and doom unless we get support emails.
    I now send them to email dumpster.
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
    George Orwell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links