• 2 Post By Wild Turkey
  • 1 Post By twodot
  • 3 Post By North Idaho Shooter
  • 1 Post By DRSLYR

Thread: NRA Cowboy Silhouette is no more.... Name Change

Wrangler
    Member #

NRA Cowboy Silhouette is no more.... Name Change

I hope I did not miss this in a previous posting...Per the 2018 rules change its
    NRA Lever Action Silhouette

(3.1.3) The name “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” shall be changed throughout the rule book to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” (dropping the word ‘Cowboy’).
    (3.1.3.1) “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
    (3.1.3.2) “Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
    (3.1.3.3) “Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”.
    These changes are name changes only and shall not reset National Records. The spirit of this motion is to disambiguate the family of Lever Action Silhouette from other sports while encouraging broader participation.
    I like it. I love it. Can't get enough of it.

Lever Action Silhouette Rifle - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....

Gunfighter
    Member #
    (3.1.3.3) “Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”.
    ?
    Wild Turkey

Marlin 39A Mountie, 1960
    Marlin 336 TEXAN .35 Rem, 1960
    CMP Springfield Armory M1 Garand, 1943

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    The name “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” shall be changed throughout the rule book to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle”. Just think of all the ink that will save.

"disambiguate"? I didn't know that was a real word.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Sounds like somebody is trying to justify their job! If you don't have any real work, make unneccessary changes to make them think they need you!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Our dues at work?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I guess the word "Cowboy" is not liked by some people. It designates a male, right?

When I worked for the power company, I was a lineman. Then all of a sudden my title was changed to "lineworker".

DRSLYR
    electricmo likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSLYR View Post
    I guess the word "Cowboy" is not liked by some people. It designates a male, right?

When I worked for the power company, I was a lineman. Then all of a sudden my title was changed to "lineworker".

DRSLYR
    Interesting. I too became a line worker. I still haven't ran across any women line workers or persons or whatever they are called. Haven't ran across any other folks who may have come out of the closet either.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Political correctness.
    Believe it . . . .

Certified Gunnut
    Formerly Crystal Coast of NC, Now in Sandhills of NC
    Member #

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
    ) “Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”.
    ?

This will all make sense when you realize that you will no longer be shooting silhouettes with a small bore Cowboy lever action rifle but will now be shooting silhouettes of Cowboys with a small bore lever action rifle of any make/model..... Maybe they bought a bunch of them yard ornaments of cowboys leaning up against the rail post or barn or whatever and don't know what else to do with 'em all since everybody seemingly already has one (or two) in their yard.

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    "The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its Limits" - Albert Einstein
    ”Yup, but I was on a rant” 49FMarlin... "I hear ya, Brother - Been There, Done That" - Tar_Heel

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Merlin View Post
    I hope I did not miss this in a previous posting...Per the 2018 rules change its
    NRA Lever Action Silhouette

(3.1.3) The name “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” shall be changed throughout the rule book to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” (dropping the word ‘Cowboy’).
    (3.1.3.1) “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
    (3.1.3.2) “Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
    These changes are name changes only and shall not reset National Records. The spirit of this motion is to disambiguate the family of Lever Action Silhouette from other sports while encouraging broader participation.
    Not bad, helps clear up confusion with the Cowboy Action club activities.
    PDP aka: Pappy
    My Favorites: 22 Hornet and all wildcats, 28-30 Stevens, 32-20 and all wildcats, plus all hyphenated rifle cartridges
    Team: "Old Pharts" #348,
    Team Winchester #145

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links