• 1 Post By Starrbow
  • 1 Post By Flat Top
  • 1 Post By VinceA

Thread: The Safari Grade 444 story.

Distinguished Master
    Member #

The Safari Grade 444 story.

From the Peashooter 444 to the Safari Grade 444...the full story:

444 Marlin PPE.pdf tells the story of the Peashooter 444. This is where the story of the SG 444 begins.
    444 Marlin.docx Safari.pdf tells the story of the culmination of testing and modifications that eventually lead to the SG 444.

These two stories should be of interest to those that enjoy modified and wildcat firearms.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Overkill.............is WAY underrated."
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/new-sg35-sg444-home/

Super Moderator
    Somewhere in South Carolina again! Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member #
    I love my 444AA, I really need to put something big in front of it before I go to the happy 444 hunting grounds!
    Flat Top likes this.

Their are only two kinds of people, those who own a 444 and those who wish they owned one, and yes folks, denial is bliss!

Not much has really changed in the world in 2000 years, Christians are still being thrown to the Lions! and Satan's tool of Deception is still working like a charm, from the time of Adam and Eve, to today!

Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member # 379 Team 1894
    Member # 1053 Team 30-30
    Member # 338 Team 39

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrbow View Post
    I love my 444AA, I really need to put something big in front of it before I go to the happy 444 hunting grounds!
    .........and it can be as big as you want it to be!!! We both know that over 4000 ft lbs of muzzle energy and the right bullet for the chore at hand, will take anything on the planet.

When I was down in Arizona testing the SG 444 with mt_sourdough, he made a statement that put the power of 4000 ft lbs in perspective for me.

As you well know, mt_sourdough developed a video process that could determine the "terminal impact force throughout the length of penetration" of any bullet at any given power level. By determining the size of the water droplets from the video that he shot at the time of impact, and throughout the penetration of the bullet, he could compare one bullet at a given power level and construction to another.

mt told me that results from the video of everything he had tested to date had been around the 3000 ft lbs mark, and depending on the diameter, weight and shape of the bullet, water "droplets" could be measured and comparisons could be made with his previous test data. So, he was measuring one against the other so to speak, and the smaller the droplets the greater the terminal impact energy of the bullet would be. Combining the terminal impact energy and penetration gave a pretty reliable "physical" means of proving comparative "killing" ability. mt_sourdough was brilliant as far as I was concerned!

We tested the SG 444 and after a review of the video, he told me that he had never seen anything like the terminal impact power of the SG 444 at over 4000 ft lbs! He could not measure the video recorded droplets because there were none!!! All that the video recorded when the bullet hit and penetrated the media............was "steam"......or, a very fine "mist", a "cloud" of water....nothing that was "measurable"!!!

mt_sourdough expressed to me that in all his testing he had never seen anything like it, and the difference between 3000 ft lbs and the 4000+ ft lbs that the SG 444 was producing was unbelievable.....like night and day!!!!

That is the power of the SG 444 and the AA 444..........anything from deer to elephant!!!
    BOWHUNTERSLODGE likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    That is why I wanted one.
    V
    Flat Top likes this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceA View Post
    That is why I wanted one.
    V
    ....................for elephants?!?!?!?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links