A most depressing way to get off! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: A most depressing way to get off!

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Been riding since I was 14, although I "quit" in 2005 due to health reasons (hope to start up again, I'm 63). The only times I ever "went down" was at VERY slow speeds, as in barely moving or not at all. Never been hurt riding though, thank God.

But as crazy as traffic is here in the Denver Metro area, riding is pretty scary. I'd leave the house and head straight out for the country. In town, no thanks.

Get well soon! May you heal up well, all of you!
    The world is a tuxedo, and I'm a pair of brown shoes.....
    - George Gobel

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I read your title and thought what on earth is he doing wrong?
    Then i saw it in the moterscooter section and thought oh.
    But still insert a very very inappropriate comment here. You would laugh though.
    Glad you are okay though mate.
    Team 35 # 517
    Team Old Pharts # 224
    Team shotgun # 65
    Team 39 # 348
    Team 32special #139

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Well Tran, you have many friends on this side of the pond. Have a Merry Christmas Dude!

While at it, Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas too.
    V
    tranteruk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #
    That's why I love my 1200 cc Adventure bike. When I hit something, it's my fault. Trees, rocks, rivers don't jump in front of you or have a cell phone in front of them. 10,000 km on the bike. 9000 off pavement!

Marlin Marksman
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tranteruk View Post
    You know I have had very few friends in my life. Very few. I dont mix easily or willingly. The only ones who lasted were either made through bikes or guns. Much to my wifes frustration I have little or no time or patience with anyone else. Its a fault, I am at fault but I like it that way.
    It seems to me to be a truth, albeit also a generalisation, that you meet a better class of person when indulging in shooting and/or motorcycling.

Thanks to all for the positive input.
    tranteruk likes this.
    Speaking at Kanal D TV's Arena program, Turkey's Prime Minister Erdogan commented on the term "Moderate Islam", often used in the West to describe AKP and said, "These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it."
    Source: Milliyet, Turkey, August 21, 2007

Allah FUBAR!

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I've only gone down once on the highway. I had all of my gear on except chaps. My helmet was ground flat on the left side where my head did pavement surfing. My jeans didn't last long so I lost some hide and had lots of road rash. But, other than that, I just hurt like Hell for a few weeks but nothing was broken. I missed a jump on a motocross track once and was knocked unconscious. (I was in my fifties.) When I opened my eyes I was on my back looking up at a bunch of people surrounding me and looking down. LOL Once again, I hurt like Hell for a while but nothing broken.

I had a guy working for me that was also a volunteer EMT. He told me they called bikes "donorcycles".

I've ridden motorcycles my entire life until a few years ago when I sold my last cruiser. My leg strength and balance just isn't what it used to be . :-(

T.S.
    NRA Endowment Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Firearms Accumulator, Native Texan, Team 99 #29

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceA View Post
    Well Tran, you have many friends on this side of the pond. Have a Merry Christmas Dude!

While at it, Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas too.
    V
    Thats very kind of you to say and I appreciate it. I actually have an invitation to visit an old friend in the US, he is an instructor at a police acadamy, but was USMC when we first met. Kinda slick with an M14.

Seems a good as any time to say I appreciate the members of this site. A lot of good info, and I have seen a fair amount of kindness towards others. From those suffering illness, personal loss and the loss of loved pets. Some here, you know who you are, I would not hesitate to buy a drink and spend some time with. Believe me, there are very few in the world I would do that with. And not a few who would refuse. Ha! Have a great Christmas, whoever you are.
    Last edited by tranteruk; 12-22-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    rob42049 likes this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links