Winter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Winter

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Such a sad sight Guy! Snow kinda sucks for riding. Being a Texas resident I don't have to contend with it, but I have on occasion. Couple of times, on long tours, I got into snowy/icy conditions--Wyoming in late September was just poor planning. Growing up in Missouri we had real winters. Home one day on a snow day, I decided to goof around the farm on my little Kawi 100. It was comical. I dropped that thing more times inside of 10 minutes than all other drops in the 30 years since. Fun, but I wouldn't do it with the bikes (or the bones) I have now.
    45Bill likes this.
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Snow and bikes. Memories of pulling the snow covered tarp off my bikes, and slowly running down an icy road with feet down. Memories of riding down a hill, realising I was on ice and a busy road cross ways the bottom. Just got off. 550 lbs of Kwaka and me sliding to the bottom, but not into the traffic. Memories of riding through snow storms, slow. Walking into the stops and the ice falling from the front of my jacket. Memories I treasure. Guess you had to be there, or been there.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tranteruk View Post
    Snow and bikes. Memories of pulling the snow covered tarp off my bikes, and slowly running down an icy road with feet down. Memories of riding down a hill, realising I was on ice and a busy road cross ways the bottom. Just got off. 550 lbs of Kwaka and me sliding to the bottom, but not into the traffic. Memories of riding through snow storms, slow. Walking into the stops and the ice falling from the front of my jacket. Memories I treasure. Guess you had to be there, or been there.
    Sounds like that bike needed tracks and a ski Tranteruk!
    Ranger Point Precision (Houston, TX) - We design and manufacture performance firearm parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Winchester, Steyr Arms pistols (Polymer stocks, trigger kits, medium loop levers and takedown screws, peep and fiber optic sights, Marlin 1894 extractors, picatinny scope mounts, dovetail fillers, flyweight loading gates, mag followers and more). rangerpointprecision.com Our new motorcycle parts division can be found at rppmoto.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links