Last one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Last one.

Wrangler
    Member #

Last one.

This is my latest, and probably last bike project. I had this engine sitting in the garage floor, and rather than letting it just sit and collect dust I decided to put it to use. I started collecting parts in 05-01-18, and finally have it all together. It is a 2006 FXDL. The engine is a 103 with ported heads and Andrews 57 cams. I updated all the parts that originally caused problems in the '06 model Dyna transmission and charging system. Since I'm 62 now maybe this and my Ultra will last me the rest of my riding days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sambane, 256WinMag, RHP and 12 others like this.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Looks great!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    YelloKW,

Nice finished project. I like how Dyna's handle, should be a great ride. Llike you I think my current Ultra is the last road bike I'll own. Very comfy for those long hauls.

IMG_0409.JPG

My current and maybe last ride, '10 Ultra.

azbagger2
    gunscrewguy, M700, RHP and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by YelloKW View Post
    This is my latest, and probably last bike project. I had this engine sitting in the garage floor, and rather than letting it just sit and collect dust I decided to put it to use. I started collecting parts in 05-01-18, and finally have it all together. It is a 2006 FXDL. The engine is a 103 with ported heads and Andrews 57 cams. I updated all the parts that originally caused problems in the '06 model Dyna transmission and charging system. Since I'm 62 now maybe this and my Ultra will last me the rest of my riding days.
    Ha! Had a few last bike projects. Nice job.
    Flat Top and YelloKW like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I have had a few through the years,most were junkers that I fixed up.When I was about 14 went with some friends to see the movie,on our way home I said the day would come I'd own a new Harley,lol was just a kids dream.Life went on,kids came put it off,things broke,cars wore out,put it off.All the things in life that seem to happen.I had a 69 and a 75 Sportsters,even once had a 1947 basket case but sold it to fund something else lol.Roll along to 2007,I sold a piece of real estate,had some extra change,nowhere to spend it.I said to my son,I didn't buy one at 22,32,42,if I didn't buy one at 52,it sure as hell wasn't going to happen at 62.Bought a new Fat Boy,loved it.2009 I fell off a scaffold messed up my shoulder,never felt comfortable riding it after that.I sold it in 2013,cried as the buyier pulled out of driveway,I'm 63 now,miss it but oh so glad I did buy it and enjoyed it while I had it.
    Flat Top and YelloKW like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    This spring my "last" bike goes up for sale. I have reached an age and physical condition where riding has become more effort, less fun, and less safe. I HATE to give it up.....I have been a full time rider for 56 years.....riding has been as much a part of my life as hunting, fishing, etc......its "me" and what I do...or "did" in this case....so, its time to let go, and, I feel like a good piece of me will go with it. Thats life, I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sambane, M700, capt greg and 4 others like this.
    "Overkill.............is WAY underrated."
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/new-sg35-sg444-home/

Deadeye
    Member #
    I feel for you guys... I'm hopefully years away from this point but when that time comes, I'm sure its going to be a very difficult decision to make too.
    YelloKW and Flat Top like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Wow those are some cool bikes. I have been away from them for many years but am looking at buying a bike maybe in the next year or so. Probably going to go with something different and buy a new Triumph Bonneville instead.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Top View Post
    This spring my "last" bike goes up for sale. I have reached an age and physical condition where riding has become more effort, less fun, and less safe. I HATE to give it up.....I have been a full time rider for 56 years.....riding has been as much a part of my life as hunting, fishing, etc......its "me" and what I do...or "did" in this case....so, its time to let go, and, I feel like a good piece of me will go with it. Thats life, I guess.
    Thats a fine looking ride there,if I was younger I'd be all over that bike

Wrangler
    Member #
    There may well be more bikes in my future. A nice red Sportster has been on my bucket list since the first episode of "Then came Bronson" aired. But, it is fairly certain that the Dyna is the last one that will come in "kit" form. Flat Top, I could sit and look at that bike of yours for hours and never get tired of it. Maybe you should keep it around just for old times sake? If nothing else it'll give you an excuse to go sit in the garage and enjoy a few of your favorite beverages every now and then.
    Flat Top likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links