A few AR's in "alternative" chamberigs
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: A few AR's in "alternative" chamberigs

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I haven't been posting on here much lately, but rest assured, I'm still collecting and shooting the ol Marlins.

I've also been tinkering with AR's. While I like the platform, I'm not a huge fan of the 223/5.56 round. I have a few standard AR's but I've really taken interest in the different chamberings.

These two are both chambered in 6.8 spc2.

This one is 7.62x39

And a 450 Bushmaster

The first pic (black 6.8 ) started life as a 224 valkyrie. Interesting round, but not for me. Since I'm a big fan of the 6.8 and the 224v shares the same bolt and magazines, I decided to change it over to 6.8.

I'm also keeping an eye on the 25-45 Sharps. If it looks like it's going to stick around, I'll probably build one.
    Last edited by broncojunkie; 10-16-2019 at 01:22 AM.
    There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption; into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    I love my 7.62x39 AR! It goes bang very well!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    I love my 7.62x39 AR! It goes bang very well!

ca'jun56
    Everything I read about this round in AR platform said it wouldn't run well. It has ran flawlessly for me...even with the cheap steel cased ammo. Accurate, too. The barrel came from Hardened Arms. You may have read about them in the past year, as they went out of business and left some unhappy customers. From the looks of it, I was probably one of the last orders that got filled. I only found out about it after I went back to their website to shop for another barrel.
    cajun56 and pacificpt like this.
    There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption; into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I like my 30 Hamr build. My I am getting 2200fps with 150 grn. bullet but it really shines with the lighter bullets. I am getting 2500fps with 125 grainers. The Hamr has slightly better ballistics than the 7.62x39 and the only thing you need for a conversion is a barrel and 300bo magazine.
    pacificpt likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lever Jac View Post
    I like my 30 Hamr build. My I am getting 2200fps with 150 grn. bullet but it really shines with the lighter bullets. I am getting 2500fps with 125 grainers. The Hamr has slightly better ballistics than the 7.62x39 and the only thing you need for a conversion is a barrel and 300bo magazine.
    I was looking into this round recently, along with the 350 Legend. The Ham'r sure looked impressive.
    cajun56 and pacificpt like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    nice collection of ar's
    i never did understand why the 25-45 has not taken off,
    speer has finally made the .270/6.8 90 grain gold dots available for reloading makes the 6.8 a most effective round

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by broncojunkie View Post
    Everything I read about this round in AR platform said it wouldn't run well. It has ran flawlessly for me...even with the cheap steel cased ammo. Accurate, too. The barrel came from Hardened Arms. You may have read about them in the past year, as they went out of business and left some unhappy customers. From the looks of it, I was probably one of the last orders that got filled. I only found out about it after I went back to their website to shop for another barrel.
    My PSA 7.62x39 upper runs perfect and is "deer" accurate too.
    cajun56, Kendawg and pacificpt like this.
    Smith & Wesson The Handgun Of Choice!
    Revolvers Rule.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by broncojunkie View Post

That's what I run through the steel case ammo! After it broke in at range, did a quick cleanup and wow! it's accurate! My upper came from daytona tatical, lower from, just to bad in went into the gulf!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Deadeye
    Member #
    I’m really becoming a fan of the 350 Legend as an all around midwestern cartridge. I still love my 450 but sometimes taking a small step back is where it’s at.
    broncojunkie and pacificpt like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    BJ, the 2nd 6.8SPC 2 pictured, which MFG or did you build it? Interested in the lower and upper used but my eyes cannot discern it.

I'm entertaining either a 6.5 Grendel or 6.8SPC 2. Oh, bbl length as well please?

Jack
    pacificpt likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links