Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Thanks to my mentor

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Crusty Deary Ol Coot 
#1 ·
I would like to publicly thank mazer for helping me. We met today at a buffalo shoot. I had no intention of shooting at the match. Mazer insisted that I shoot my little guide gun, so we could go to his house and reload the brass. I had a ball. Then he invited me to his house where he slugged my barrel, fed me lunch, showed me how to set up dies, read manual, set and weigh powder charges. I appreciate his hospitality, patients and willingness to take the time to teach me to reload. And this also goes to all the other folks here that take the time to help beginners to learn the art of reloading.David.

#4 ·
Speaking from the side of one who enjoys, for the most part, mentoring, Mazer likely rec'd as much pleasure during the process as you did.

Just spent some good hours last week with a couple of friends, setting up and loading for a .44 mag.

One side light that I have found in recent years, is that not everyone is a likely reloader/handloader and they should simply go to the sporting goods once a year and buy their box of shells, shoot their 2 preseason shots and call it good.

Not saying those folk are bad, but simply that not all people are receptive to the process and the fact that time and attention along with commitment are required.

So my hats off to those such as 475linebaugh who not only enjoyed the process, but made your mentor's day as well!

I still scratch my head to understand that even though I was doing the loading and was willing to do the testing, this one person barely got through one testing session and never even finished shooting the test rounds loaded. Nice guy, still a friend, but he is not someone who makes a mentors day. Bit hard to understand for a long time committed handloader such as myself, but it did make me a bit more selective as to those I offer to mentor.

Thanks 475linebaugh, well done!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.