Not a rant but fitting for here

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

Not a rant but fitting for here

Why is it I thought of Cerebus/Remington/Marlin first thing 'Cause that's the way it is!! Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS
    "The only chance you get to do it right....is the first time."

There are Rules...Read Them!! CYA.....Cover your ass!
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/s...ite-rules.html

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Re: Not a rant but fitting for here

That about covers it - very sad.
    Team444 #228

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

UNFORTUNATELY that is EXACTLY what I think is going on over there! Why would one of the biggest "antis" buy a gun company? Maaaayyybbee, to run it into the ground, and then say " people just aren't buying guns like they used to... sales are down, profits are down, we aren't making any money, sooo, we're closing down and declaring bankruptcy! Oh and yeah... We'll need to write this off on the ole taxes...cuz you know... It IS a loss!" Hold on to your old Marlind boys, cuz if they keep putting out the crap that the've been putting out recently, I don't think they'll be around too much longer! ... Maybe thats the "plan"...buy one of the oldest gun companies in the country and run into the ground by putting out a crappy product that no one wants to buy, blame it on the "gun crowd", then laugh all the way to the bank and write it ALL off!!! A win/win for cerebus! I truly hope I'm wrong, but only time will tell!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #

Nothing they do, will surprise me.................

Tom
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Well, not if you believe the NRA.... Which I do...

YMMV...

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=7136

Tinhorn
    Member #

I work for a company that was owned by Cerberus they did the same thing to us. Our quality went down and then we went bankrupt. They did not understand what it took to run a manufacturing company.

I understand the cost of operating in Ct is so high no one will expand or retool. The regulations are insurmountable so you move the operations some were else, many times offshore. The states are doing it to them selves.

The State of Michigan has been doing it to the Auto Industry for years killing the golden goose. We don't move plants to Mexico or Asia because we want to it’s because we don't have any choice if we want to compete.

The American worker is more productive than any other in the world but the State and Federal regulations are driving manufacturing away.

If you new what it costs in paperwork alone by a Qualified Environmental Engineer to toss an old flashlight battery well you would move also. That is just for a battery it just gets worse every day.

A lead acid battery like the one in your car when we get rid of one we need to follow it to the recycling contractor and monitor it being destroyed then get a “Death Certificate” to end our environmental liability. Let me say that again a “Death Certificate” for every battery and keep a record of it for 7 years.

The older plants are grandfathered in but any new facilities or equipment require the complete plant to be brought up to the new ever-changing regulations. This process helped GM and Chrysler to go broke. (an interesting note many of these requirements are not imposed on non-American companies)

It would be the same for Marlin.

Well thank you for letting me rant I feel better now.

Kevin

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links